Topic: Simpleviewer gallery is overlapping my drop-down menu

Hi all:

First of all, I'm new to this forum and thanks in advance for taking time to answer my questions. It's a pleasure to be with you.

Now my question: I was able to embed a Simpleviewer gallery into my html page. But I have one small glitch: the gallery overlaps my javascript drop-down menu. I looked all over the web and found a partial answer: to insert the following code into the SWF object line of my html. The code according to simpleviewer is: fo.addParam("wmode", "opaque");.

My problem is I'm not sure exactly where to embed this code, where is this SWF object line? Does it go into the index html page? Or the page I created? If someone would be so kind as to copy a chunck of the existing coding surrounding the place where this new coding should be inserted (and point to the target location), I would really appreciat it.  Thank you so much for answering my question and allowing me to join your group.

All my best,
Kay

Re: Simpleviewer gallery is overlapping my drop-down menu

Edit your index.html to look like this:

var fo = new SWFObject("viewer.swf", "viewer", "100%", "100%", "8", "#181818");
fo.addParam("wmode", "opaque");                    
fo.write("flashcontent");
Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Felix:

Thank you so much for your reply! I really appreciate it. I was stuck and nothing was working out. So, thanks a million for taking the time to answer my question and send me the code. I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving and thanks again for everything!

All my best,
Kay smile

Hi all! Sorry to bother you all again but I tried inserting the code and my simpleviewer gallery still overlaps my drop down menu. I wanted to paste my coding here for feedback but I'm having trouble with your system (even though I'm taking out the dots).

But basically I inserted the code Felix gave me in the body of my index html file after this line: <script type="text/javascript">. Then, the inserted code below:

var fo = new SWFObject("viewer (dot)swf", "viewer", "100%", "100%", "8", "#181818"); 
fo (dot) addParam("wmode", "opaque");               
fo (dot) write("flashcontent");

Then, a bunch of comments for configuration options //
Then:
</script>
</body>
</html>

Does anyone have any feedback as to why this isn't working? I'd really appreciate any insight anyone has to offer. Thanks so much!

All my best,
Kay smile