Topic: automatic galleries index page in frame

Is there anyway I can set the automatic galleries index page links to load from NavFrame(index.php) into mainFrame.

www pwcinternational co uk

Re: automatic galleries index page in frame

Frames are not currently supported in the automatic index page. I'll have a think about how difficult it might be to add some support in a future version. Maybe there could be a user setting that would add the same target attribute to all the links, such as target="mainFrame". Would that do what you want? I can't say when it might appear – depends on how it fits with other developments that are in the pipeline.

jack

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.

That sound like the right sort of thing, can I get the same results with tables.

You could certainly achieve the same appearance on your site without frames, using a table-based layout or (better) a css layout. That's the way I would do it. The only drawback would be that the navigation code would need to be included in every page so when for instance you add a new product category, you'd need to add an extra line of html to each page instead of doing it just once in your nav. frame. Of course there are ways around this such as using Dreamweaver templates or a small php script but for a site of this size, unless you are changing the navigation very frequently, I'd just keep it simple.

jack

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.