Topic: Problem with viewer and div height in Firefox.

Got a bit of a strange one i cant seem to figure out.

I have simpleviewer working fine on IE, but on Firefox, it extends further than the div its contained in (or the div doesnt stretch to the bottom of the viewer)

www matt-terry co uk

You can see in Firefox the bottom of the viewer, and where the div stops behind it.

Any ideas on why this is only happening in Firefox, or how to solve it? Ive tried playing with height values in the CSS style sheet but nothing changes it,

Any help appreciated.
Thanks

Re: Problem with viewer and div height in Firefox.

check the FAQ, Q35: http://www.airtightinteractive.com/simp … r/faq.html

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

I'm having the same problem, and I have checked q #35 and set height:100% in the following places.  CSS: body, html, div#flashcontent, and the div containing div#flashcontent.  I have also set the height to 100% in var fo = new SWFObject

Yet still, on both FF 3.5.2 and IE 8, the flash content gets truncated at the bottom at a seemingly arbitrary place.  I can never read my full comments.  The flash element should expand vertically to fit the full comment. (Setting a fixed height is not a satisfactory solution in this case.

I am using the newest release of the SimpleViewer Standard

Any solution?

Thanks

Setting the SWF div height to 100%, gives it a height of 100% of the browser window meaning it will fill the entire browser window. There is no easy way to have the SWF expand and shrink to fit the current image's description text. So the best solution is to give the SWF a fixed height in pixels big enough to fit the largest description text.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.