Topic: Can't edit flash file without errors

I have unzipped the source materials for the Pro version and when I go to edit the files I get all kinds of errors.  I have Flash CS3.  Is this a problem?

To be honest all I really want to do is change the background color to white and remove the title and the ability to open theimages in a new window.  If I can do that without even opening the flash file all the better.

Thanks,
Brian

Re: Can't edit flash file without errors

what kinds of errors?

Note that you need to keep the 'com' folder in the 'source' folder in order to re-compile the swf.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Here are the problems:

**Error** K:other HD filessoftwaresimpleviewer_prosourcecomairtightinteractiveappsviewerssimpleViewerThumb.as, Line 44: The class or interface 'com.airtightinteractive.utils.TweenExtended' could not be loaded.
     private var mPopupTween:TweenExtended;   

**Error** K:other HD filessoftwaresimpleviewer_prosourcecomairtightinteractiveappsviewerssimpleViewerThumb.as, Line 159: The class or interface 'com.airtightinteractive.utils.TweenExtended' could not be loaded.
     mPopupTween = new TweenExtended(mBase_mc,["_x","_y","_xscale","_yscale","_alpha"],Regular.easeOut,[Options.thumbnailWidth/2,Options.thumbnailHeight/2,1,1,0],[0,0,100,100,100],10,false);               

**Error** K:other HD filessoftwaresimpleviewer_prosourcecomairtightinteractiveappsviewerssimpleViewerImageArea.as, Line 131: There is no method with the name 'ArrayUtil'.
     var i = ArrayUtil.indexOf(mImageLoadQueue,imageIndex);

**Error** K:other HD filessoftwaresimpleviewer_prosourcecomairtightinteractiveappsviewerssimpleViewerThumbArea.as, Line 75: There is no class or package with the name 'com.airtightinteractive.apps.viewers.simpleViewer.Thumb' found in package 'com.airtightinteractive.apps.viewers.simpleViewer'.
     mWidth = (Thumb.thumbWidth + Thumb.padding)*mColumns;

**Error** K:other HD filessoftwaresimpleviewer_prosourcecomairtightinteractiveappsviewerssimpleViewerThumbArea.as, Line 76: There is no class or package with the name 'com.airtightinteractive.apps.viewers.simpleViewer.Thumb' found in package 'com.airtightinteractive.apps.viewers.simpleViewer'.
     mHeight = (Thumb.thumbHeight + Thumb.padding)*mRows - Thumb.padding;   

**Error** K:other HD filessoftwaresimpleviewer_prosourcecomairtightinteractiveappsviewerssimpleViewerThumbArea.as, Line 100: There is no class or package with the name 'com.airtightinteractive.apps.viewers.simpleViewer.Thumb' found in package 'com.airtightinteractive.apps.viewers.simpleViewer'.
     var thumbDim = Thumb.thumbWidth + Thumb.padding;

**Error** K:other HD filessoftwaresimpleviewer_prosourcecomairtightinteractiveappsviewerssimpleViewerThumbArea.as, Line 104: There is no class or package with the name 'com.airtightinteractive.apps.viewers.simpleViewer.Thumb' found in package 'com.airtightinteractive.apps.viewers.simpleViewer'.
     mNextBtn.setPosn(mWidth - Thumb.padding/2,0);               

**Error** K:other HD filessoftwaresimpleviewer_prosourcecomairtightinteractiveappsviewerssimpleViewerThumbArea.as, Line 128: There is no class or package with the name 'com.airtightinteractive.apps.viewers.simpleViewer.Thumb' found in package 'com.airtightinteractive.apps.viewers.simpleViewer'.
     var maskWidth:Number = mWidth - Thumb.padding + Thumb.selectedFrameOffset*2;

**Error** K:other HD filessoftwaresimpleviewer_prosourcecomairtightinteractiveappsviewerssimpleViewerThumbArea.as, Line 129: There is no class or package with the name 'com.airtightinteractive.apps.viewers.simpleViewer.Thumb' found in package 'com.airtightinteractive.apps.viewers.simpleViewer'.
     var maskHeight:Number = mHeight + Thumb.selectedFrameOffset*2;

**Error** K:other HD filessoftwaresimpleviewer_prosourcecomairtightinteractiveappsviewerssimpleViewerThumbArea.as, Line 130: There is no method with the name 'RectUtil'.
     RectUtil.rectangle(mClip_mc.mcDisplayMask, -Thumb.selectedFrameOffset,-Thumb.selectedFrameOffset,maskWidth,maskHeight);

**Error** K:other HD filessoftwaresimpleviewer_prosourcecomairtightinteractiveappsviewerssimpleViewerThumbArea.as, Line 149: There is no class or package with the name 'com.airtightinteractive.apps.viewers.simpleViewer.Thumb' found in package 'com.airtightinteractive.apps.viewers.simpleViewer'.
     mThumbs[i] = new Thumb(mClip_mc.mcDisplayArea.mcSlidingDisplayArea, i,mXMLManager.thumbPath + mXMLManager.imageFileNames[i]);

**Error** K:other HD filessoftwaresimpleviewer_prosourcecomairtightinteractiveappsviewerssimpleViewerThumbArea.as, Line 154: There is no class or package with the name 'com.airtightinteractive.apps.viewers.simpleViewer.Thumb' found in package 'com.airtightinteractive.apps.viewers.simpleViewer'.
     mThumbs[i].setPosn((Thumb.thumbWidth+Thumb.padding)*ipos + mWidth*pageIndex,

**Error** K:other HD filessoftwaresimpleviewer_prosourcecomairtightinteractiveappsviewerssimpleViewerThumbArea.as, Line 273: There is no class or package with the name 'com.airtightinteractive.apps.viewers.simpleViewer.Thumb' found in package 'com.airtightinteractive.apps.viewers.simpleViewer'.
     return     mWidth - Thumb.padding;       

**Error** K:other HD filessoftwaresimpleviewer_prosourcecomairtightinteractiveappsviewerssimpleViewerThumbArea.as, Line 286: There is no class or package with the name 'com.airtightinteractive.apps.viewers.simpleViewer.Thumb' found in package 'com.airtightinteractive.apps.viewers.simpleViewer'.
     return Thumb.thumbHeight;;

**Error** K:other HD filessoftwaresimpleviewer_prosourcecomairtightinteractiveappsviewerssimpleViewerImage.as, Line 190: There is no method with the name 'RectUtil'.
     RectUtil.hollowRectangle(mFrame_mc,

**Error** K:other HD filessoftwaresimpleviewer_prosourcecomairtightinteractiveappsviewerssimpleViewerStageManager.as, Line 297: There is no class or package with the name 'com.airtightinteractive.apps.viewers.simpleViewer.Thumb' found in package 'com.airtightinteractive.apps.viewers.simpleViewer'.
     mCaption_mc._y = Math.floor(thumbY + thumbH + Thumb.padding);

**Error** K:other HD filessoftwaresimpleviewer_prosourcecomairtightinteractiveappsviewerssimpleViewerStageManager.as, Line 303: There is no class or package with the name 'com.airtightinteractive.apps.viewers.simpleViewer.Thumb' found in package 'com.airtightinteractive.apps.viewers.simpleViewer'.
     mTitle_mc._y = Math.floor(thumbY -  mTitle_mc.txtText.textHeight - Thumb.padding);

Total ActionScript Errors: 17,  Reported Errors: 17

Any idea what the issue is?  I have the files in the location they unzipped into, so I don't think any files should be missing.

Thanks,
Brian

I am having the same exact issue.  I have only changed the size of the thumbnails in the Options.as and exported the swf file.  Any ideas as to why that's happening?

Thank you.

Do you see a 'com' folder in the 'source' folder next to the FLA?

Felix Turner

Do you see a 'com' folder in the 'source' folder next to the FLA?

Yes.  everything is in the same place as the original zip file.  I've been using SV Pro for over a year now and am familiar with the file structure.  However, this is the first time I've made any changes to an AS file.  I'm on CS4, so I don't know if that makes any difference or not.  The publish settings are set to as2, flash 8.

Even if I change the thumbnail size back to the original 65x65 it still generates an error.  I love this product and would like to use it on our next project, but I have to customize the thumbnails to 150x90.

Are you editing the source over a network drive? Try copying the source files onto your local drive.

Felix Turner

Are you editing the source over a network drive? Try copying the source files onto your local drive.

Yes, I was.  Then I copied the files to my desktop and it still generated the same errors after editing the Options.as file.  Very strange.  Any else I can try?

Greetings!

Im having a similar error when im updating the simpleviewer.flr

**Error** C:UsersGustafssonDesktopsimpleviewer_prosourcecomairtightinteractiveappsviewerssimpleViewerXMLManager.as: Line 18: The name of this class, 'com.airtightinteractive.apps.viewers.simpleViewer.XMLManager', conflicts with the name of another class that was loaded, 'com.airtightinteractive.apps.viewers.simpleViewer.XMLManager'.
     class com.airtightinteractive.apps.viewers.simpleViewer.XMLManager {

**Error** C:UsersGustafssonDesktopsimpleviewer_prosourcecomairtightinteractiveutilsRectUtil.as: Line 5: The name of this class, 'com.airtightinteractive.utils.RectUtil', conflicts with the name of another class that was loaded, 'com.airtightinteractive.utils.RectUtil'.
     class com.airtightinteractive.utils.RectUtil {

**Error** C:UsersGustafssonDesktopsimpleviewer_prosourcecomairtightinteractiveutilsTweenExtended.as: Line 39: The name of this class, 'com.airtightinteractive.utils.TweenExtended', conflicts with the name of another class that was loaded, 'com.airtightinteractive.utils.TweenExtended'.
     class com.airtightinteractive.utils.TweenExtended extends Tween

**Error** C:UsersGustafssonDesktopsimpleviewer_prosourcecomairtightinteractiveappsviewerssimpleViewerThumb.as: Line 25: The name of this class, 'com.airtightinteractive.apps.viewers.simpleViewer.Thumb', conflicts with the name of another class that was loaded, 'com.airtightinteractive.apps.viewers.simpleViewer.Thumb'.
     class com.airtightinteractive.apps.viewers.simpleViewer.Thumb {

**Error** C:UsersGustafssonDesktopsimpleviewer_prosourcecomairtightinteractiveappsviewerssimpleViewerThumbArea.as: Line 24: The name of this class, 'com.airtightinteractive.apps.viewers.simpleViewer.ThumbArea', conflicts with the name of another class that was loaded, 'com.airtightinteractive.apps.viewers.simpleViewer.ThumbArea'.
     class com.airtightinteractive.apps.viewers.simpleViewer.ThumbArea {

**Error** C:UsersGustafssonDesktopsimpleviewer_prosourcecomairtightinteractiveappsviewerssimpleViewerImage.as: Line 23: The name of this class, 'com.airtightinteractive.apps.viewers.simpleViewer.Image', conflicts with the name of another class that was loaded, 'com.airtightinteractive.apps.viewers.simpleViewer.Image'.
     class com.airtightinteractive.apps.viewers.simpleViewer.Image {

**Error** C:UsersGustafssonDesktopsimpleviewer_prosourcecomairtightinteractiveutilsArrayUtil.as: Line 5: The name of this class, 'com.airtightinteractive.utils.ArrayUtil', conflicts with the name of another class that was loaded, 'com.airtightinteractive.utils.ArrayUtil'.
     class com.airtightinteractive.utils.ArrayUtil {

**Error** C:UsersGustafssonDesktopsimpleviewer_prosourcecomairtightinteractiveappsviewerssimpleViewerImageArea.as: Line 26: The name of this class, 'com.airtightinteractive.apps.viewers.simpleViewer.ImageArea', conflicts with the name of another class that was loaded, 'com.airtightinteractive.apps.viewers.simpleViewer.ImageArea'.
     class com.airtightint
eractive.apps.viewers.simpleViewer.ImageArea {

**Error** C:UsersGustafssonDesktopsimpleviewer_prosourcecomairtightinteractiveappsviewerssimpleViewerStageManager.as: Line 22: The name of this class, 'com.airtightinteractive.apps.viewers.simpleViewer.StageManager', conflicts with the name of another class that was loaded, 'com.airtightinteractive.apps.viewers.simpleViewer.StageManager'.
     class com.airtightinteractive.apps.viewers.simpleViewer.StageManager {

Total ActionScript Errors: 9      Reported Errors: 9

Any idea what im doing wrong? Im using macromedia flash 8 with Action Script 2  Flash player 8

Appreciate any help in this matter!

Best regards,

André

@thebrassman - I'm not sure what your issue is. Please re-download your files and start from scratch. Also check you don't have any version of the SimpleViewer classes in your Flash IDE classpath: Edit -> preferences -> ActionScript -> ActionScript 2 settings -> Classpath. If that doesn't work please paste in the error message you are receiving.

@amnesiac - you have 2 copies of the SimpleViewer classes that are conflicting. Check your Flash IDE classpath does not reference another version of the SimpleViewer ActionScript files: Edit -> preferences -> ActionScript -> ActionScript 2 settings -> Classpath.

Felix Turner

Thanks for the quick reply!

Im now only encountering this problem when publishing the simpleviewer.fla

**Error** Scene=Scene 1, layer=actions, frame=30:Line 3: The class or interface 'StageManager' could not be loaded.
     var sm:StageManager = StageManager.getInstance();         

Total ActionScript Errors: 1      Reported Errors: 1

What do you reckon is the problem?

André

Felix - I just got the link to Version 1.9.  I edited what I needed to and it worked perfectly.  So, it works like I want it too.  Thank you for your help and truly a great product.

Sincerely,

Kevin

@thebrassman - I'm not sure what your issue is. Please re-download your files and start from scratch. Also check you don't have any version of the SimpleViewer classes in your Flash IDE classpath: Edit -> preferences -> ActionScript -> ActionScript 2 settings -> Classpath. If that doesn't work please paste in the error message you are receiving.

@amnesiac - you have 2 copies of the SimpleViewer classes that are conflicting. Check your Flash IDE classpath does not reference another version of the SimpleViewer ActionScript files: Edit -> preferences -> ActionScript -> ActionScript 2 settings -> Classpath.

Dear Felix, I'm still coming across the same problem when trying to republish the file.

Hi Felix,

I'm having the same issues. I checked my Actionscript settings and there are no simpleviewer classes in there. I'm using version 1.8.5 of the pro version. Could you send me a link to 1.9 if that will fix the problem.

Cheers

F

Hi,

Please fill out this form to receive your upgrade:
http://www.airtightinteractive.com/simp … _form.html

Felix Turner