Topic: fontNAME Variable doesn't seem to work in Safari

Hello Felix, hello everyone,

first of all thank you Felix for the great viewers you've created!. I just bought the tiltviewer pro and everything is wonderful.

I might have discovered a minor bug in the latest Mac Safari (3.2): it doesn't pick up fo.addVariable("fontName", "Arial"). I just tried in the latest Firefox (3.0.5) and that shows Arial just fine.

In Safari, the back text of the image is in Times. Since I have this reduced design on my site, the Times font looks kind of like an error. It's not a major problem, but it does bug me a bit, because I'm using the viewer on my portfolio site and a lot of Mac-Safari people will see it and might wonder why I didn't design the typography on the back of the images. The size changes just fine, just the typeface doesn't.

It's here, if you want to take a look at it:
www q2 co nz/petra/ia htm

Hm..., and while we are at it: is there a way to set the headline in bold? I know this is not part of your specifications. Just wondering if there might be an easy way:)

Thanks!
Petra

Re: fontNAME Variable doesn't seem to work in Safari

possibly safari can't find the 'arial' font. If you want san-serif text on the flipside text, don't specify a font and it will default to a san-serif system font (like here: http://www.airtightinteractive.com/proj … iewer/app/ )

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Re: fontNAME Variable doesn't seem to work in Safari

possibly safari can't find the 'arial' font. If you want san-serif text on the flipside text, don't specify a font and it will default to a san-serif system font (like here: www airtightinteractive com/projects/tiltviewer/app/ )

Thanks for the reply. Yup, you are right. Something strange going on with my Safari. I looked at your example in Safari and it does the "Times" thing again. Damn, where did my Arial go? My fault, sorry for realising this too late. I will set up my Mac completely new over Christmas and reinstall everything clean and fresh. That should take care of the problem.

Have a great Christmas!
Petra