Topic: Simple Viewer or Nightmare Viewer??

Hello, I love the way Simple Viewer works but for a novice it is a nightmare to fathom out how to get it on your webpage.  I have created it in Photoshop c3 and thats as far as I get!  All explanations on the help page/forums don't make any sense.  I have access to the html on my hosted site and there is a FLASH button for uploading but what do I upload? 

I would be very, very grateful if someone could let me know how to proceed.  I feel as though I have stumbled upon a gem of a gallery but that I'm not allowed to join the club!!  Its such a pity because I know alot of people who would use (spreading the word) it if it made more sense to us lesser mortals!!

Re: Simple Viewer or Nightmare Viewer??

You upload the gallery folder (and all it's contents) that is generated when you run the photoshop script.

Then use a web browser to navigate to that new folder on your website.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

hello Felix.  I use a hosted website but have access to the html.  I can't simply load an html code into a page?  It sounds as though I might have to ask my provider to do this for me? 

Many thanks for your help with this.  its much appreciated. Lucy

can't you FTP the files into your site folder?

I'm with Lucy on this one I'm afraid.
Fantastic looking, flexible image viewer but more than a little vague on the technical bits.
For me I'm trying to insert a gallery into an existing table based html page but keep hitting problems.
Step 1: I've uploaded my entire simpleviewer folder to my remote server.
Q: Is that it or do certain files have to come out of the folder to be 'readable' by other linked files?

Step 2: There's a correctly sized <div> tag awaiting the sv gallery on the existing relevant page.
Q: Which file am I supposed to 'insert' in this space?

It's now probably clear that I'm no coding master but I'd dearly love to have sv incorporated in my sites.

Any help & advice greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

You upload the gallery folder (and all it's contents) that is generated when you run the photoshop script.

Then use a web browser to navigate to that new folder on your website.

Felix, as far as I understand from the FAQ page all you are asked to do is create thumbnails with Photoshop. What script are you referring to?
And my browser needs an actual file to navigate to it seems, not a folder.
Please help.

Thanks

OK I found the "SimpleViewer - Automatic Desktop Instructions" regarding using Photoshop to script the gallery.
Unfortunately it doesn't cover Photoshop CS  sad