Topic: Placing SimpleViewer ontop of an img ?

Is it possible to place SimpleViewer on top of an img ?
For example: jarringmovie[DOT]com/stills.php
I'd like to place SimpleViewer or TiltViewer below the "JARRING" text (top left), and above the links (stills,motion,voice,words,facts).
Is this possible?
Also can I make the SimpleViewer and/or TiltViewer backgrounds transparent so that you can see the image thru the simple/tilt viewer?
TiA,
-BassKozz

Re: Placing SimpleViewer ontop of an img ?

I think you should be able to do something similar by having the image as the background to your first div rather than an img, then having SimpleViewer with a transparent background inside that div. Alternatively, you could use absolute positioning on the img and the flashcontent element... my hunch is that would be more tricky.

There's some stuff about making SimpleViewer transparent in one of the other sub-forums.

I think you should be able to do something similar by having the image as the background to your first div rather than an img, then having SimpleViewer with a transparent background inside that div. Alternatively, you could use absolute positioning on the img and the flashcontent element... my hunch is that would be more tricky.

There's some stuff about making SimpleViewer transparent in one of the other sub-forums.

If I set the header img as a background, then the img map (links) won't work  sad

Ah, I see.  I've managed to get your site looking almost how you want it by making a couple of changes with Firebug on my machine.

Make the width of the first div (with the img, map etc) 955px to match the image width.

Cut and paste the flashcontent div into that one, so that it appears just above the img in the code.

Add

style="position: absolute;"

to the opening flashcontent div tag.

Insert the line

fo.addParam("wmode", "transparent");

into the script bit.

You need to do something to stop the viewer overlapping your navigation text.  Changing height to 440 seems about right.

You'll probably want to up the contrast of the background and/or tone down the SimpleViewer colours; that's up to you of course.  This should all work in Other Browsers, as well as FF, AFAIK.

WOW, AWESOME xinaesthetic,

Thank you soo much, I can't thank you enough,
The only problem left is that

style="position: absolute;"

causes the SimpleViewer to align on the left instead of centered... any idea's?

It seems you have to size the outer div with css (style="width 955px;") rather than width="955" for some reason.

Glad to help; film looks like it could be interesting...

oops lol , thanks for catching that, now it's Perfect, Thanks again for all your help.

BTW, were you able to view the trailer on the "motion" page?
I can view it fine, but I've been getting complaints that people can't see it.

No, the video doesn't work I'm afraid.

Thanks for looking for me.  I'll figure it out, and post back here when it's up and running smile

Thanks for looking for me.  I'll figure it out, and post back here when it's up and running smile

Back up and running  big_smile

you solved my problem too!

Thanks so much!!

Mike