Topic: the drag'drop sort function doesn't work

Good evening,

I just installed svmanager 1.2.3 and started adding a gallery.
Now I found a bug (?): the drag'drop sort function doesn't work.
The other sort function works good, not the drag'drop!?
I tested svmanager with the svmtest-application and everything was OK.

Thanks for your help.
Hans Drieman

Re: the drag'drop sort function doesn't work

You are the first person to report problems with the drag'n'drop sort – can you give me some more details please.

Which browser are you using?
Can you try it with a different browser?
Are you getting any javascript error messages?
What are you seeing when you try to drag an image thumbnail?

This is what should happen. The thumbnail should move with your cursor and the other images move to fill the gap. Then if drag'n'drop sort is showing in the sort order box and you press 'Update', the screen should reload with your new sort order.

One other thing. Problems can arise if you do a drag'n'drop sort, then immediately go to the galleries index page to see the thumbnails and then hit the browser 'Back' button. If you go to the galleries index, then use the admin link in the top right hand corner to get back to svManager.

jack

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.

I've been using svManager for a couple of months now and haven't had any problems with the drag'n'drop function until this week. For some reason, it just stopped working. The other sorting methods work fine, but when I try to drag an image, the image follows my curser but doesn't stick to the spot I drop it in.

Help?

Have you changed anything – like updated the browser for instance? If so, then can you post the details please. Have you tried a different browser?

jack

Jack Hardie

I haven't change computers or browsers or anything that I can think of. I'm still using my Mac and Safari just like before.

However, I just tried to sort on my husband's PC in Mozilla and the sort function worked fine. I guess I'll just have to borrow his every time I want to sort from now on?

Which version of the Mac operating system are you using and which version of Safari?

I'm running OSX 10.5.8 and Safari Version 4.0.3 (5531.9) with no problems (so far!)

Do you have Firefox on your Mac? Does that work?

jack

Jack Hardie