Topic: Total Noob, Please Have Patience With Me!

OK.  I've purchased Pro.  I merged it (or whatever you call it) with PhotoShop (CS3). I created a Tiltview, and it opens up for me and I see exactly what I want to see.

How do I get this same show into a webpage?  I have uploaded every file that was created, but I end up seeing other pictures, not the ones I put in, when I try to view it on the web page.  I know this has been answered, and I've attempted to understand the answers that have been given, but it seems as though they were written for someone who already knows what they are doing - and I don't.  I have virtually no experience with flash.  I thought this was going to be easy and so far it's driving me nuts.

Please, don't respond with cryptic sentences and references to other answers that will leave me insane!  I know I'm asking a lot - what I'd really like is Do this.  Now do this.  I've looked at the examples in the Pro folder and they tell me absolutely nothing.  I have those same things, a image folder, index, etc.  I uploaded them to my site, but I just can't get this to work.  I mean it!  I'm clueless.

I'm not allowed to actually post the page here, which makes this even more difficult, so I don't know how I can even show anyone what I have uploaded!

I honestly don't know what to do or why it isn't working. 

Help me?  Talk to me as though I'm an idiot please?

Thanks in advance - I really need to understand this!!!!!!

Re: Total Noob, Please Have Patience With Me!

whats the url? replace dots with spaces when posting urls.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

OK, I'll give it a try.  (tried replacing dots with spaces, no good.  going to replace forward slashes with spaces too and see if that helps.  Nope.  Now removing everything in front, the h stuff and the w stuff.)

I have tried many, many different things.  Right now I have this page, not visible to the public.  What is there right now is the code that actually works on a flash movie.  I know this is incorrect, it's just the latest attempt.

miraculouscreations com _e page 1346 1 htm

That's where I wanted the tiltviewer to play.

I have uploaded every single file from the folder that I created.  I had to upload the images separately, but they are all there.  Here's everything else that is there plus 1 image as a sample.

miraculouscreations com images eddy boombox jpg
miraculouscreations com images eddy gallery xml
miraculouscreations com images eddy index html (which has the correct pictures!!!)
miraculouscreations com images eddy swfobject js
miraculouscreations com images eddy Tiltviewer swf

This is probably the 5th or so upload of all of these; I've tried with different names, etc.  For example, I tried renaming the Tiltviewer swf to eddy swf, and so on.

I really don't know how to do this.  I'm sure it must be simple, once you know what you are doing.  I'd really, really appreciate "Tiltviewer Pro for Dummies" now!  Seriously.  I'm just a novice when it comes to flash, and I'm so confused.

I had to remove all the dots, all the h tee tee pee's, and all the double u's in front of the you are ell.

I've at least gotten the TiltViewer to show on the page now, but it's the default one, not the one I've created, AND it's so small!  Please, won't anyone help????

miraculouscreations com/_e/page/1346/1 htm

Once again, had to remove the h t t p and w w w and replaced dots with spaces

I also changed the entire xml file to reflect the h t t p w w w locations of all the pictures that I uploaded.

Your HTML code is not embedding the SWF using the SWFObject JS code so therefore it's not picking up any of the JS options. The size issue is related to how you are setting the div size CSS.

HTML and Javascript tutorials are out of scope of this forum. Try looking at the example source code here: … d_example/

Felix Turner

I added step-by-step instructions for How to Embed TiltViewer in an existing HTML Document here: … d_example/

Let me know if this doesn't help.

Felix Turner

AWESOME!!!!! I'm sure this will make a major difference.  Thank you, from the bottom of my not so techie heart!  lol

I'll let you know how I make out.