Topic: Flash video component not working when played through SVPro

Hi,
I just got SimpleViewer Pro, and here's what i'm trying to accomplish. I have a flash video file with a wrapper SWF that i'm loading as an entry into a SimpleViewer gallery.

A movie clip (with a jpg) and a button are displaying fine, however the flash video (using the FLVPlayback component) is not working, and the FLV icon just keeps flashing in the upper left corner.

Is it possible to play Flash Video in a SWF that's loaded into a SimpleViewer Pro gallery?

Thanks,
Chris Hall

Re: Flash video component not working when played through SVPro

SimpleViewer-Pro does not support video playback.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Ok, Thanks Felix.

Do you know if video playback is scheduled to be added at any point in version 2.x?

Hi,

I'm wondering if, with SimpleViewer 2.0 being released, anything has changed w.r.t. support for playing video content. Would be cool if this was supported.

The FAQ's state:

SimpleViewer can load JPG, GIFs, PNGs and SWFs. Any other file types (TXT, FLVs etc) are not supported

Does this mean that the Flash video player (FLVPlayer_Progressive.swf) can be embedded ?

Thanks

Hi,

there are no plans to support video playback in SimpleViewer any time soon. Video players require a completely different UI to an image gallery IMO.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

quite disappointed,..just hope there will be soon... sad