Topic: Pre-loader?

I recently used this gallery to make a friend some galleries but he asked if I could possibly add a pre-loader/progress bar or similar because he says that he does not want visitors to click off the page thinking something might be wrong because there is no indication that something is happening (loading).

He says the pages load too slow. Could some please see if it loads on your computer slow too and if so could someone please direct me to how I can add a progress bar or similar to help out this situation?dubdubdub stainedconcreteoriginals com/2009galleries html

Re: Pre-loader?

My post is old and no help yet. Can anyone out there let me know if this is possible to add a loading script? to I guess the XML so I can have a progress bar?

Thanks

Still trying to find help regarding getting a preloader/progress bar to show up before the images appear. I really would greatly appreciate help on this matter.

Thanks!

Please some read this post and make a comment.

Is it possible to do this with postcard viewer?

Yes it is possible by modifying the ActionScript.

Please note that the PostcardViewer-Pro source code is provided as-is to allow people with ActionScript experience to modify as required. Airtight Interactive cannot provide support for all possible modifications to the source code and cannot provide tutorials on how to code ActionScript.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thank You for your nice reply. Can anyone in here tell me if they have seen this done on this gallery (postcardviewer) or any other similar type viewer. The way I see it is someone has at least seen it then I can move forward with some more research and modify it to include the progress bar. If no one has seen it then that would stand to reason that it would not be a common thing to add there deeming it unnecessary.

No need to wast time trying to figure out how to add if no thinks its important. Right?

Thanks all for advance for reading my post. 8)

I don't think PostcardViewer requires image load bars, that's why i didn't put them in wink

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Just trying to make a client happy. Thank you very much for the inside info. Thanks for affirming that everything is working as it should.

Fred