Topic: Customizing and Actionscript

Having just bought the code I was kind of hoping there would be some things I could have customised in the .fla file. In reality it seems most of this is all done in code and as I'm fairly new to flash and don't have a enough grounding in OOPs let alone actionscript can anyone recommend a good book or tutorial that would get me started.

I am not new to programming but am to actionscript and particularly OOPs so Felix's code (classes etc) are going over my head somewhat.   :shock: 

I am shying away from the definitive guides (O'Reilley) at this point as these publications are aimed at more experienced programmers who probably need updating on their current knowledge.

Any suggestions on something that would go from a good basic grounding to intermidate (at least) would be helpful.

Re: Customizing and Actionscript

What kind of stuff are you trying to customize?

The only flash book I can recommend is: "ActionScript for Flash MX: The Definitive Guide, Second Edition"  by Colin Moock

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

What kind of stuff are you trying to customize?

I wanted to have one version where the thumbnail area resized along with the main image when the browser was resized and perhaps allow the thumnail under the mouse to expand.

Also I wanted to stop the thumbs from recycling with the mouse wheel, a behaviour that wasn't present in 1.7

The only flash book I can recommend is: "ActionScript for Flash MX: The Definitive Guide, Second Edition"  by Colin Moock

Would you recommend this on the basis that I've already outlined? Reading the reviews on Amazon led me to believe that you'd need a fair amount of knowledge before this would be useful.

Anyway this reply gives me the opportunity to thank you for a really great viewer which I've found extremely useful and easy to use.

Hi Louis,
If you are going to use flash , ActionScript for Flash MX: The Definitive Guide, Second Edition" by Colin Moock is a must have. It will be on your desk for constant  referance. It is pretty much the bible of flash. The flash help files and the live docs are also great sources.
Richard

Richard

in order to better assist you, please provide a url, relevant code and details about your problem.
Thanks!

Thanks Richard, two recommendations so far I think is enough for me, I'll order it.  big_smile