Topic: Pro options not working in svmanager after upgrade

After I purchased simpleviewer pro, I took the "viewer.swf" file from the "simpleviewer_proweb" folder off of my computer and uploaded it to the
"svmanager/plugins/simpleviewer/svmaster/" folder on my ftp server.

I had to overwrite the existing .swf file in the process.  Needless to say, (except for the download link being gone) I still am stuck with the free simpleviewer features.

There is definitely precious little information on this subject in the documentation.

Can someone help please?

Re: Pro options not working in svmanager after upgrade

What is it you are trying to do? SimpleViewer-Pro allows you to create a customized version of the SimpleViewer SWF which you can then use with svManager by replacing the SWF as you described. For instructions on how to customize SV-Pro, please check the documentation: http://www.airtightinteractive.com/simp … ation.html

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Felix,

Thanks for the quick reply.  I am mainly wanting to change the text size and fonts within my galleries, as well as add a link back to the gallery page.

Your website makes it seem as though these options are added to the svmanager interface after I purchase simpleviewer pro and replace the "viewer.swf" file in the svmanager plugin folder.

Are you saying that after paying $45 (as well as the $35 for the svManger), that I still have to go in and manually edit the .swf file with flash and then overwrite the original .swf file?  This is why I purchased the svManager and upgrades - to make it painless to customize the galleries the way I want without messing with code.

I am using iMac with OS X 10.5.5

I am also trying like thornhill73 to run Pro thru Photoshop CS3.  It was easy to set up the free version in Photoshop but the Pro options are not showing up in the Photoshop menu after following the upgrade directions:

"Copy the SimpleViewer SWF that comes in the Pro download (at webviewer.swf) to the SimpleViewer script folder inside the Photoshop application folder on your computer.   RESTART Photoshop"

Felix, Please provide more details for this integration.  Should I expect a more robust set of options with the Pro version in the Photoshop File-->Scripts-->Simple Viewer menu????   What other steps are needed for this upgrade?

I purchased the Pro for the ability to set custom thumbnail sizes, captions etc.

:?  :cry:

Yes, Felix.

While I love the basic version of your product, I would expect you to completely follow through on your replies to our questions after spending close to $100 dollars on your software.

Right now I am seeing no advantage to using Pro through the svmanager.  Once again, if I can't see the advanced options THROUGH the svmanager interface, this is a total waste of money on my end since I don't own Flash to edit the files (nor do I want to).

Hi,

sorry for the confusion.

Your website makes it seem as though these options are added to the svmanager interface after I purchase simpleviewer pro and replace the "viewer.swf" file in the svmanager plugin folder.

Can you point to the text that gives this impression? I'll take a look.

The SimpleViewer-Pro Requirements section clearly states that you need Flash Authoring Software to customize the SWF.

The workflow for using SimpleViewer-Pro with svManager is to create your customized SWF using SV-Pro, then replace the SWF in svManager with your custom SWF. This same workflow applies for the photoshop plugin.

There is not a UI for customizing SV-Pro options without Flash. This is not possible since the SV-Pro options are compiled into the SWF via a Flash publish.

Felix Turner

Hi,

I added a note to the SVManager docs to make the Flash Authoring requirement more clear.

Felix Turner

Felix,  Thanks for the response!  Please let me know if I understand this correctly.  I downloaded Simpleviewer Pro thinking that this plugin to Photoshop would let me customize the gallery creation process "out of the box" without editing the SWF file.  I now need to create the new SWF file by using Flash or a Flash editor (like SVmanager ?).  I do not own SVmanager yet.

Here's my question...Does SVmanager allow me to create a new SWF file with customized thum sizes and captions???  Once the new SWF file is edited and added the presetsscripts in Photoshop, should I expect to see the customized menu in the PS plugin for building the gallery?

Thanks!

Disclaimer:
"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the internet was accessed"

Hi, to customize SimpleViewer-Pro you need to use Flash Authoring software. Please read the documentation: http://www.airtightinteractive.com/simp … #customize

There is no pro menu for the Photoshop plugin.

svManager is a separate product for managing multiple Galleries.

Felix Turner