Topic: SV not working online

Hi all

I know you've heard this a million times, but my gallery is not showing up online on any browser. I am not receiving the 'requires javascript and flash' notice either.

I went through the FAQ and checked everything listed there. Hotlink is disabled, file names are correct (even tried direct linking), and then searched the  forum to no avail. Here's my site, when you click on 'works' it should start up. Thanks for any help. smile I used Dreamweaver and Photoshop CS3 to create my site.

www lunaregina com/portfolio

Re: SV not working online

Are you using an older version of Fetch to upload your files? If so this will break the SWF on upload. Try using a different FTP app or upgrading Fetch.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thanks for the reply. I am using Fetch version 5.3, which appears to be the newest one.

I just tried uploading the files using my old ws_ftple and the gallery is now loading. Thanks so much!

I've had very good luck using FileZilla - plus it is free!

-- Paul

:cry: mine is not working too, used picasa + airtight template

works local fine - but not on the web - nothing to see

Now what do I do?

Help Please

to be honest - it works but i cannot say why !

tested the web-creation feature inside adobe lightroom and compared the result with the result from the export of picasa....hmm - no difference

maybe i made a mistake with filezilla

deleted everything on the webserver and reloaded - now it works fine !  big_smile

I am working on a mac pro. CS3 and Filezilla.

When I check the gallery locally it works in safari.. when I check online after upload it does not work, i get a dark screen and nothing else.  However when I check with IE it works?

Any Ideas?

Thanks

john

When I created my webpage it works locally, but when I uploaded it to my server, the secondary galleries do not load. I know the SWF player works, b/c it works on the temporary index page. When you click on the galleries/portfolios, the index page comes up, but not the SWF player. Any ideas?

www milneboys com/stewmilne/test/

Thanks,
-s

OK, I figured it out. It was the Fetch ftp upload. I used filezilla to upload the SWF files and now it works. That is interesting.

I used Filezilla and WS_Ftp and mine still doesn't work.

What part of it isn't working? Please post your url. If you are using mac you also try cyberduck.

Mike Richards

The URL is www swdirect com / jmiller / samples_marketing html

TV works locally but not when uploaded to server.

This is the same problem I'm having.  I'm not using Flickr, I'm using the manual install from my own folder.  I've uploaded everything that needs to be uploaded...and I'm getting nothing.

I've read all of the instructions, have the scripts in the head tags, have the script embedded in my html properly, have checked the xml and the coding is fine, cleard my cache, have the swf uploaded properly (case is set correctly), all images are loaded, paths are correct. I also used multiple different ftp's (not fetch...am on a PC) to upload the swf in case an older ftp program "broke" the swf (I don't get that, but someone wrote it as a possible suggestion so I tried it...didn't work).

There is nothing further I can gain from reading the instruction doc over again because it does not tell you what can go wrong when uploading.

I need a solution, not install instructions and I'm really having no luck finding anything sad

You are inserting the flash into a div called flashcontent with fo.write("flashcontent"); but there is no div in your page called flashcontent. You need to add something like:

<div id="flashcontent">TiltViewer requires JavaScript and the latest Flash player. <a href="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer/">Get Flash here.</a></div>

Mike Richards

Hi, I thought I already had it on there so I checked and I sure do, it's above the flash component.  Here is the code:

<div id="flashcontent">TiltViewer requires JavaScript and the latest Flash player. <a href="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer/">Get Flash here.</a></div>
    <script type="text/javascript">

var fo = new SWFObject("TiltViewer.swf", "viewer", "900", "500", "9.0.28", "#000000");            

// TILTVIEWER CONFIGURATION OPTIONS
        // To use an option, uncomment it by removing the "//" at the start of the line
        // For a description of config options, go to: 
        // http://www.airtightinteractive.com/projects/tiltviewer/config_options.html

//FLICKR GALLERY OPTIONS
        // To use images from Flickr, uncomment this block
        //fo.addVariable("useFlickr", "false");
        //fo.addVariable("user_id", "48508968@N00");
        //fo.addVariable("tags", "jump,smile");
        //fo.addVariable("tag_mode", "all");
        //fo.addVariable("showTakenByText", "true");            

// XML GALLERY OPTIONS
        // To use local images defined in an XML document, use this block        
        fo.addVariable("useFlickr", "false");
        fo.addVariable("xmlURL", "gallery.xml");
        fo.addVariable("maxJPGSize","395");

//GENERAL OPTIONS        
        fo.addVariable("useReloadButton", "false");
        fo.addVariable("columns", "4");
        fo.addVariable("rows", "4");
        //fo.addVariable("showFlipButton", "true");
        //fo.addVariable("showLinkButton", "false");        
        //fo.addVariable("linkLabel", "View image info");
        //fo.addVariable("frameColor", "0xFF0000");
        //fo.addVariable("backColor", "0xDDDDDD");
        //fo.addVariable("bkgndInnerColor", "0xFF00FF");
        //fo.addVariable("bkgndOuterColor", "0x0000FF");                
        //fo.addVariable("langGoFull", "Go Fullscreen");
        //fo.addVariable("langExitFull", "Exit Fullscreen");
        //fo.addVariable("langAbout", "About");                

// END TILTVIEWER CONFIGURATION OPTIONS

fo.addParam("allowFullScreen","true");
        fo.write("flashcontent");            
    </script>

The div code does not need to be within the script tags right?  I still don't know what I'm doing wrong.  sad

I wrote this in my other post as well because I don't know which one you might check.  smile

Well....I went ahead and tried something different...I moved the swfobject.js to my root folder (even though I have it pointing to my js folder where I keep all my js scripts) and now it seems to be working online.  Hooray!

Now the only thing I'm trying to still figure out (which was a problem I was having locally) is how to get the flash behind my drop down.  The tiltviewer blocks my drop down menus and I've changed the z-index wherever I could to get it in front of the tiltviewer, but it's not working.  How can I fix this?  Is there something in the tiltviewer that I can change to get it to move back?

Thanks!

It works fine for me, now that you added the div tag. Try adding wmode transparency to fix the menu.

Mike Richards

All,

I am having the same problem. I followed these steps; tried FireFTP, Firezilla, and Cyberduck, and even tried moving the swfobject.js file. All of the galleries work locally, but I am still not able to get them to work once I upload them to the server.

Can you please take a look and tell me what I am doing incorrectly?

Thanks.

The link:

http://www.onesplitpea.com/photography.html