Topic: Images in other folders?

I have a site running in two different languages. I have an index-file in a English-folder. So I would like to know, if I could load the pictures, even when they're not in the English-folder? Alle the other files such as javascript, xml and css works fine from another folder, but I cant find a way to get the pictures loaded? I think it would be stupid to have all the thumbs and images twice on my server.

Mads

Re: Images in other folders?

I've put an example here:

www mlundegaard wep dk/en/index html Replace the spaces with dots.

As you can see I can load the javascript, the XML-file and the flash-file:

JavaScript:

<script type="text/javascript" src="../swfobject.js"></script>

Flash-file:

var fo = new SWFObject&#40;"../viewer.swf", "viewer", "100%", "100%", 
"8","#181818"&#41;; 

XML-file:

fo.addVariable&#40;"xmlDataPath", "../gallery.xml"&#41;;

But still... How should I load the images? Can I do it by editing the flash-file?

Use the 'imagePath' and 'thumbPath' XML options to point to your image folder: http://www.airtightinteractive.com/simp … tions.html

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

I cant post any link, even though I replaces the dots with white lines hmm

Use the 'imagePath' and 'thumbPath' XML options to point to your image folder:

It does not seem to work. I have reorganized a little and put all the files from Simpleviewer in a Simpleviewer-folder. When the XML-file is in the same folder as the folders to the images and thums it should be okay? 

I have tried theese values in the XML-file:

imagePath="" //Default value
imagePath="images"
imagePath="/images"
imagePath="images/"
imagePath="/images/"

And the same for the thumbPath, but neither of them works. I thought the default would work, but it does not.

The images appear as crosses.

Relative paths are relative to the HTML document that contains SimpleViewer. Note that this path should include a trailing forward slash. For example: imagePath="my_image_folder/").

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Relative paths are relative to the HTML document that contains SimpleViewer. Note that this path should include a trailing forward slash. For example: imagePath="my_image_folder/").

Took me some time to figure it out, but it works now  big_smile

This is what I did:

imagePath="simpleviewer/images/"
thumbPath="simpleviewer/thumbs/">