Topic: Some Newbie Questions regarding captions and downloading

Just bought Simpleviewer Pro and customized the settings so it's pretty much exactly the way I'd like it to be.  Great software!

I do have a couple of questions.

1. Is it possible to customize Simpleviewer so it has a second set of captions for each image?  I tried doing it myself, but couldn't figure it out.  Probably way too difficult, but just thought I'd ask.

2. Is it possible to center the captions on the main image? (I'm using a fixed layout).  Seems to be only left-aligned.

3. This is the one I'm really hoping someone wll have an answer for.  If you enable right clicking on the image, is there a way to change the script so it says "Download image" and downloads the image instead of opening the image in a new window?

Thanks in advance for any input!

Re: Some Newbie Questions regarding captions and downloading

As I said, question #1 is dumb and I'm sure the answer is NO (unless you're an actionscript whiz!).  Question #2 is probably no as well.

I'm really hoping that Question #3 is possible, and that someone can help me out.  I've searched the forum, but haven't seen anything regarding this (but perhaps I missed it).

Thanks again.

Whimper... whimper...

Any opinions on question #3?  Is it possible?  Possible but very difficult?

Any advice greatly appreciated!

For #3 AFAIK you will need some server-side code to kick-off a download of a JPG. You will also need to modify the SimpleViewer Source Code to trigger the server script.

The other 2 changes are possible by modifying the Source Code. Please check the docs, section 2.4: http://www.airtightinteractive.com/simp … tml#source

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.