Topic: Problems costumizing the automatic galleries index page

I am not a wiz with CSS and html.  I read you tutorial on cutomizing the galleries page and it really helped.

I created a header and footer that works in the gallery page.  But when I copied the CSS and the html code into the "automatic galleries index page" at svmanager/index.php it did not format as it did in the gallery pages.  The header and footer do not align correctly.

Can someone please help me and tell me what I am doing wrong?
My test site is: www_israphoto_org/test/svmanager/index_php

I have tried to work out the problem, but I can not see the mistake.  I would really appriciate the help.

ds

Re: Problems costumizing the automatic galleries index page

On the basis of a quick look in Mac browsers it seems fine – what's the problem?

The W3C css validator has given it's seal of approval to your css. The html validator doesn't like the < and > characters inside

/* <<< DAVID'S CODE >>> */

even though they are inside comments, so probably worth removing them since they aren't necessary but I think that's a very minor issue. Otherwise it's all valid html.

If you can describe the problem a bit more I'll take another look (even though I could argue that it's not really an svManager problem  wink ).

jack

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Jack Hi,

I really appreciate the help, you're the best!  If it was not for svmanager and your tutorial on customizing the pages I would never have been able to get this project off the ground.  Svmanager makes things so easy to customize.  It has to be the best purchase I have made in a long time.

I ran the CCS and HTML validators in firebox and removed the arrows.
If you look at the automatic gallery page you can see that the banner, navigator bar and footer are offset from the edge of the page.  You can see this on the left side of the page.  This did not happen using the same code for the gallery pages.  So what is different? I need the banner, nav bar and footer to go all the way to both ends of the page.

BTY: I know that this is not strictly an "svmanager" problem.  But I can tell you that I solved some other styling and formating problems with the default pages through other threads in this forum.  I am positive that any help with recoding the default php pages will really benefit all the people that come here for answers and help.

regards,

David

Oh, right, hadn't spotted that. The gallery pages have the body element set in the css to:

margin&#58; 0;
padding&#58; 0;

The galleries index page doesn't – I'm guessing that's the problem.

If you are going to do a lot of this stuff then install Chris Pederick's developer toolbar into Firefox. The outline option helps to show-up problems like this and there's a lot of other good things in there. And if you are really serious then install Firebug as well. Firebug is a bit harder to get into but it's very powerful.

jack

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thanks Jack,

I did install the developer bar in firefox.  I saw a problem with the body, but had no idea on how to fix it.

Thanks for the help I will add the code and test it.

David

Jack Hi,

That did the trick.  A newbie can really get bogged down with all the interactions between the elements.

thanks,

David