Topic: Question about Embedding on Page with Drop-Down

Hi there,
I have successfully embedded a SimplePro gallery in my web site.  (woohoo!)  Now, the problem is, my horizontal nav drop down menu no longer works.  My guess is that it has something to do with the placement of the items.

My nav buttons are in one layer.
My Simple Pro gallery is in another layer.
Both of these layers are contained within the same base layer.

I know the nav menu works fine on another page because I tested it... drop downs work perfectly.  But, as soon as it's in the same box as the gallery, it doesn't show up in m browser preview.

Any thoughts on how I could separate the two so they both function correctly?

Thanks in advance for your support.

Re: Question about Embedding on Page with Drop-Down

Hi,

I assume you are talking about loading SimpleViewer into another SWF?

What kind of drop down are you using?

Do you get any errors in the output window on compile or run?

Also, please check the docs, section 3.2: http://www.airtightinteractive.com/simp … #asoptions

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Hi Felix,
I am using Dreamweaver.  I have embedded the viewer into my html page and the gallery itself works beautifully.  I've created a drop down menu using Dreamweaver behaviors and "show pop-up menu."

My menu works on a page where I have just the menu, but when I copy and paste it into my page that has the viewer, I can see the main buttons, but no drop down effect.

There are no errors or anything popping up, it just looks as if the drop downs aren't even there.

Lisa

check the FAQ, Q27: http://www.airtightinteractive.com/simp … r/faq.html

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Hi Felix,
Yes, I've tried that hint from FAQ but it doesn't seem to help.  I can't see my drop down in Firefox, Safari or IE.  I don't see it in my browser preview OR in my uploaded version.

This is frustrating.  My client needs the buttons to be drop down, so I can't really get around having them.  Any other suggestions?

Thanks again for your time.

Lisa

do not understand

I figured out a work-around by myself a couple of weeks ago.

Please help! This is happening to me too...

Im using a horizontal drop down menu that disappears when the menu drops down over the simple viewer gallery..

There was a fix for this when using the normal embed object method.. I would simply add this variable (<PARAM NAME=wmode VALUE=transparent>) but since the gallery uses javascript .. i don't know how to do this.. Can someone please help??

Thanx smile

Hi there,
My client's needs required me to ultimately embed 2 iframes in the page.... one frame contains the drop down menu with galleries listed, the other frame is where the galleries appear when selected.

The iframes would not have been my first choice, but the need was for the user to not be led to various windows - client wanted target of iframe1 to be iframe2.  It ended up working well in the end.  The only problem I ran into was having to limit the number of drop down options across the board so the frame was a set size with no vertical scroll bar and did not overlap frame 2.

Hope that helps a little!  smile

The fix is here ... special thanks to jayw!

www airtightinteractive com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3464&sid=972bfcbd2c559aed67c8b4045e4b410b

** make sure to add this **

fo.addParam("wmode","transparent");

** directly under **

var fo = new SWFObject("viewer.swf", "viewer", "100%", "100%", "7", "#000000");

Try the following, it worked for me, maybe it will for you if i understand the problem well - that your dropdown menu is "hidden" under the simple viewer gallery.

1)Go to your index.php file (or index.html)

2) Approximately arround line 40 yuo will find the script:
<script type="text/javascript">
          var fo = new SWFObject("viewer.swf", "viewer", "100%", "100%", "8", "<?php echo $backgroundColor; ?>");   
          fo.addParam("wmode", "opaque");
        fo.addVariable("preloaderColor", "0xffffff");
          fo.addVariable("xmlDataPath", "gallery.xml?nocache=<?php echo rand(); ?>");
          //fo.addVariable("firstImageIndex", "5");   
          //fo.addVariable("langOpenImage", "Open Image in New Window");
          //fo.addVariable("langAbout", "About");
          fo.write("flashcontent");   
      </script>   
3) Notice the fifth line of this script:fo.addParam("wmode", "opaque");
That line doesnt exist in the original script, so
4) Add this line and your menu will drop down the screen if you coded that one well.

Cheers

This should not be bundled with SWF Tools without in the least having some configuration examples.