Topic: Simple Viewer Pro with iPhoto '09

I'm new and tried to find my answer throughout the site & forum but can't seem to get it to work...

I just bought Simple Viewer Pro after bring referred to it by a friend and can't seem to get it installed properly. I would like to use it with iPhoto '09.

I tried this that I found from a previous post but after upgrading to iLife '09 I no longer have an iPhoto folder in 'application support' or anywhere else that I can find.

"Yes. To upgrade the iPhoto plugin to SimpleViewer-Pro, you need to replace the SWF file in the plugin folder with the one that comes in the SimpleViewer-Pro download.

Make a copy of the 'viewer.swf' file in the 'simpleviewer-Pro/web' folder. Rename it 'SimpleViewer.swf'. Copy it to: Users -> "your user name" -> Library -> Application Support -> iPhoto -> Plugins -> FAE4iPhoto -> Contents -> Resources.

Any galleries you create from now on will use the Pro swf." - Felix

Please help!! Thanks!

Re: Simple Viewer Pro with iPhoto '09

I am having the same difficulties as original poster.  I do not have an iphoto folder in the Application Support folder.. so I can't locate the FAE swf file to replace.  I have done searches looking for the file, and it seems to only be located in my downloads file (although I am successfully using it).

I remember having a similar problem when I was loading FAE, and somehow found a different set of directions which I can't seem to locate online now...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
Lilly

Should be found in (Users -> "your user name" -> Library -> Application Support -> iPhoto -> Plugins).

If this is your first iPhoto plug-in, the folders Plugins may not exist. In this case, just create it first.

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

I tried adding the folder and it did not work properly.  I must have already had plugins because I have been using the FAE free download successfully.  I also have a Kodak picture sharing one...

Thanks for your help, Miker.  Any further feedback you may have is greatly appreciated!

Lilly

Can you do a file search for like viewer.swf and see if it finds the folder?

Mike Richards

Possibly the iPhoto plugins folder is not in the user Library on your machine, it may be in the system Library instead? 

Library -> Application Support ->  iPhoto -> Plugins

Felix Turner

I just upgraded to iPhoto '09 and the SV-Pro upgrade instructions here http://www.simpleviewer.net/simpleviewe … l#aperture still work for me.

Possibly a fresh install of iPhoto 09 uses a different plugin folder. Try looking here:

/Applications/iPhoto.app/Contents/PlugIns/ FAE4iPhoto.iPhotoExporter / Contents/ Resources

(To browse inside a package use ctrl-click and select "Show Package Contents")

Felix Turner