Topic: error on svmanager login - Warning: file_put_contents() fail

I have just installed svmanager on my server and i have 2 error lines after logging in (both error messages are the same)
Warning: file_put_contents() failed to open stream: Permission denied (file_put_contents.php, line 62)

i see this error on every page.

i ran the compatibility test and everything passed, and have all my permissions set correctly as far as i can tell, basically all folders and contents are set to 777.

any ideas?

thanks!

mike-

Re: error on svmanager login - Warning: file_put_contents() fail

Mmm – strange. Nothing very complicated is happening at that point, it's just trying to open a file for writing. It's odd that the problem didn't show on the test.

Could you just double-check that the svmanager folder itself has the 0777 permissions – sometimes people miss that one. Assuming it's a Unix/Linux server, are there any .htaccess files that might be setting passwords or creating some other access limitation?

jack

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.

yeah, i double checked all permissions and they are correct, and i haven't dropped any .htaccess files in (yet), but i am planning on it to protect some directories from somebody placing executable code in there. as far as being functional, everything seems to be working fine (so far)...i can create/edit/delete my galleries, and browse to them in the custom html page i embedded them in after editing svmaster/index.php, where the galleries seem to work as intended. everything seems to be working, but the app is still throwing that error on every admin page. i'm not super concerned at this point, though i'd like it if the website owner didn't have to see those error messages every time they edit a gallery.

I wonder if something strange has happened in the installation. It might be worth creating a new test installation alongside your working one, say /test/svmanager and see if the problem recurs on a clean installation.

jack

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.