Topic: Navigation Arrows

Hi,

How do I change the color of the image navigation buttons without changing the image frame and thumb frame color as well?

I like the black border I currently have on on my main images and thumbs, but the all-black image nav arrows disappear in some of my darker images. Ideally, I'd like to be able to make them dark grey.

www evansears com

thanks-
E

Re: Navigation Arrows

Yes, same thing for me. I tried doing it with the 30-day eval version of Flash but the republished .swf was completely messed up.

We want to change our website holding SVPro to a white background and the white arrows disappear. We need to keep the white frame colour.

To change the image arrow color independently of the Image Frame color, edit the 'ImageArea.as' class. Change this line (line 88 )

mNextBtn.setRGB(mXMLManager.imageFrameColor);

to this

mNextBtn.setRGB(0xff00ff);

where 0xff00ff is a hexdecimal color value. Do the same for this line (line 93) :

mBackBtn.setRGB(mXMLManager.imageFrameColor);
Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Solved! Thanks Felix!

-E

Another issue with the Navigation Arrows:

In one of the threads, in response to question of resizing and positioning the prev/next buttons, Felix mentioned that "The image buttons hitArea sizes are set in the ImageArea class, in the setSize() function."

I've found this info in the "ImageArea.as" file, but I'm unsure how to interpret it. What do these values mean and if I wanted to position the prev/next buttons to display and remain static under thumbnails what would I plug in?

//image nav hit areas remain same size as imageArea
mBackBtn.setHitPosn(0,0);
mBackBtn.setHitSize(mWidth/3+fw,mHeight);
mNextBtn.setHitPosn(mWidth*2/3-fw,0);
mNextBtn.setHitSize(mWidth/3+ fw,mHeight);
mPlayBtn.setHitPosn(mWidth/3+fw,0);
mPlayBtn.setHitSize(mWidth/3,mHeight);

Is it possible to have static Prev/Next buttons located under the thumbs? I've scoured the threads but couldn't find an answer. Most of the people looking to move the buttons wanted to move them just outside of the image area, I'd like to move them under the thumbnails.

OR-

Would it be possible to use the Thumbnail navigation arrows for Main Image navigation instead?

Either way, I'd like to get some insight.

Thanks so much!

I would try making a buttons on the stage calling the next and last image functions, something like this.

//Set button actions
nextImageButton.onRelease = function(){
    _root.onClickNext();
}

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

I would try making a buttons on the stage calling the next and last image functions, something like this.

//Set button actions
nextImageButton.onRelease = function(){
    _root.onClickNext();
}

did anyone get this to work? I haven't figured it out yet, but would love to get it working. Some non-savvy computer users (like my family) don't even realize there are navigation buttons.

i found the solution, and it works great. So I have stationary (static) next and back buttons outside of the image.