Topic: republishing .fla to swf

Hello,
I recently bought SV-pro so I would have additional flexibility in controlling my gallery.  Reading the instructions for republishing - as far as I can tell - requires me to buy yet more software, namely - Macromedia Flash 8.  I do see there are 30 day free trials, but I work intermittently so that doesn't do me any good.  My bottom line question is - do I REALLY have to go buy this Flash software?  Is there an alternative?

Thanks,
Marie

Re: republishing .fla to swf

Yes you need Flash to customize SimpleViewer-Pro.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thanks,
I also re-read the "what's needed" and found that out.  What a waste the purchase was for me.  Oh well.  Thanks for the reply.

PS - well I DID read that before purchasing.  I didn't know it meant the um-teen hundred dollar software AUTHORING package !

Check Craigslist.

I bought a used Flash 8 Pro for $30.  (With the box, not some bootleg copy)

OH - good idea.  Maybe I'll set up an RSS feed for it.  Thanks!

Check Craigslist.

I bought a used Flash 8 Pro for $30.  (With the box, not some bootleg copy)

Wow, you found a great deal!  I can't find it on ebay or craigslist for under several hundred dollars.

I would absolutely love to buy this software so that I can use the auto-play and caption positioning customizations, but until the requirement for using flash goes away, I will not.

Can you launch a service where if I buy the full version, I could send in my customization files and an extra $5, and you send me back the compiled swf?

Place an empty movie clip on the stage and name it or load the clip into an existing movie clip.

var myMovieClipLoader = new MovieClipLoader();
myMovieClipLoader.addListener(this);

theButtonsName.onRelease = function(){
    //whatever you want the button to do
       // loadClip(url:String, target:Object)
myMovieClipLoader.loadClip("movieClipToLoad.swf",nameOfTheEmptyClip);

}

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.