Topic: Editing Simple Viewer FLA to change XML names

Is there a way to edit the simpleviwer.fla in order to make it read different xml's other than just gallery.xml?

I'm trying to make multiple galleries but I need to have different named xml files in the same directory so that's why I need to do this.

I've already looked at the multiple gallery files, but I don't think that will work for my situation.

Thanks!

Re: Editing Simple Viewer FLA to change XML names

Would using SimpleViewer embedded in another Flash file solve the problem? That would enable you to create a menu to access the different galleries.

Just a thought.

Use the 'xmlDataPath' HTML option: http://www.airtightinteractive.com/simp … tions.html

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

I'm actually looking to edit the FLA file so I can have the viewer swf recognize XML's other than just gallery xml

So is there a way to change what XML file the viewer swf sees in the FLA?

if felix could tell me this, than i'd have a fix to my problem too. unfortunetely he just keeps redirecting me back to the FAQ and the Examples - neither of which have a solution to my problem.

if you want, you can have the xml load at runtime by adding this to your 2nd frame of code in SV source:

function loadGallery(galName){
    _root.xmlDataPath = galName;
}
//load first gallery
loadGallery("data/01/gallery.xml");

but everytime this function is called, it would load that xml file for ALL OPEN simpleviewers.  which sucks, in my opinion.  i'd like to figure out a way to hardcore the xml into the AS so that i can just simply do it at export instead.  even giving the filenames to the AS would be fine by me.

anyway, hope that helps you.

Code related to the SWF and XML preloader is contained in the FLA (all other code is in the class files described in 2.4.) The preloader code is placed on the main timeline of the 'preloader' symbol in the FLA library. This is the place to edit the default path to the 'gallery.xml' file.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Code related to the SWF and XML preloader is contained in the FLA (all other code is in the class files described in 2.4.) The preloader code is placed on the main timeline of the 'preloader' symbol in the FLA library. This is the place to edit the default path to the 'gallery.xml' file.

Yes I found it.

Thanks!