Topic: Unable to sign in after changing password

I've just uploaded SV Manager to my server. I've tried changing the default
username and password but I just get sent back to the sign in window which tells me the username or password is incorrect. Very frustrating to not be able to even get started! Can anyone help?

Re: Unable to sign in after changing password

Have you tried resetting your user name and password as explained in the troubleshooting section of the user manual under the heading Forgotten password? If that works ok then you can  have another try to set your own user name and password in the svManager admin screen.

jack

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.

i have a similar issue ... after changing password from default to a new password, logging out and coming back the password i changed it to doesn't work...then i upload the auth file, do it again, and it does it again...

sad

FYI

You have to put "admin" or another username in the "New username" field to make this work smile

Oops!

Thanks for the feedback. I've got it sorted now. I read in another forum that the web server cache(?) doesn't update instantly and sometimes you're looking at an out of date page. Could that cause the new password not to be accepted?

no idea ...

i noticed that i was putting in the "old password" and entering a "new" password and the "re-enter" new password but was leaving "new user name" blank ...

that caused the issue.

you have to enter

old pwd: xxxx
new user: admin
new pwd: xxxx
re-enter:  xxxx

Save/update

that should fix it

I can't for the life of me change my password from the default one and log in ... it refuses each time, I've copied the whole of svmanager over to my server again and again to try again and each time it doesn't work ... help!!

I get this error when I first log in as admin / admin ...

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(c:/phpmysql/tmp\sess_5e3923d58a5b00777da3f1f27c65dfc8, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) (auth.php, line 34)
Warning: could not save gallery data to data\gallerydata.txt (galleryset.php, line 292)
Notice: Installation password is still in use – please reset your password

Last edited by blonde (2010-03-24 08:44:26)

It seems that your server does not support sessions. You will need to fix this before you can change the password or do anything else. Here is the relevant extract from the user manual:

Error messages about sessions

SvManager uses session variables to keep track of a user after the user has logged-in. A few servers are not set-up to support sessions. They will give an error message similar to the following as soon as you try to log-in to svManager:

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/var/php_sessions/sess_cd4351b20419e4b1e7d8c39d21c6ba7d, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) (auth.php, line 44)

The details of the message will vary but look for session_start.

Contact your server admin or help desk and tell them you have installed a php application that is trying to start a session and quote your error message. They should be able to fix it or give you instructions to fix it yourself.

jack

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.