Topic: Notice: Undefined index: bits (line 459)???

When i go to update the buildgallery it gives me this message along with several images that wont load into the viewer for some reason.  Whats wrong and how do i fix it?

Re: Notice: Undefined index: bits (line 459)???

That message means that BuildGallery can't figure-out the bit-depth of the image. Some images are 8-bit images and some are 16-bit images and BuildGallery likes to know so that it can check that it's not going to run out of memory on the server. It's not a big issue in itself but it implies that something is wrong with the images – maybe the files got corrupted somehow when you were creating them or in the upload.

Or maybe they are some unusual kind of image?

Try preparing some new images (ideally in jpg format) and uploading them to your server. If you are using jpgs, save them as non-progressive. Make sure your ftp program is uploading them as binary files not text files.

jack

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thanks jack,

I will resave the images t see if that works.  How do you save them as non-progressive?

David

I'm assuming that you using some kind of image editing software to size your images and get them looking good before you upload them. There's usually a checkbox or similar option to save jpgs as progressive. Just make sure it's not checked. If it's not obvious, then you'll have to dig around in the help for your image editing software.

jack

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.