Topic: Background color is uneditable when in a container?

First off, I'm a total trial-and-error self-taught newbie at this web design business, so I apologize if I'm missing something (and also restricted to using Dreamweaver CS3).

I've lurked the forums here and tried all the suggestions to get my background color to stay black when it's embedded in a < div> container. 

I've edited both the background color values in the index:

var fo = new SWFObject&#40;"viewer.swf", "viewer", "100%", "100%", "8", "#000000"&#41;;

and changed it in the gallery.xml file, and even tried throwing in a big flat black background image (in the gallery file).  I've tried the solutions in the FAQ, and I think it  has something to do with the fact that it's in a container.  This guess is due to the fact that when I preview the viewer (the index file) the background is black, but when I preview the page it's embedded in, it goes to the default gray. 

Also, I used the SWFobject to embed it, as if I just used the regular SV code, it kills the design of my site. 

Please, anyone, help!

My site is at: www dot rickkitagawa dot com.

Re: Background color is uneditable when in a container?

Your site currently embeds the viewer using the following code:

<object classid="clsid&#58;D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" width="1000" height="600" id="myFlashContent">
<param name="movie" value="viewer.swf" />
<!--&#91;if !IE&#93;>-->
<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="viewer.swf" width="1000" height="600">
<!--<!&#91;endif&#93;-->

Try:

<object classid="clsid&#58;D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" width="1000" height="600" id="myFlashContent">
<param name="movie" value="viewer.swf" />
<param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" />
<!--&#91;if !IE&#93;>-->
<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="viewer.swf" width="1000" height="600" bgcolor="#000000">
<!--<!&#91;endif&#93;-->
Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Monkeyboy : You are a true savior.  If you ever run for any sort of public office that I can vote for, you easily have my vote.  Thank you!!!

OK... So I am also a trial-and-error self-taught newbie. I am having the same problem that littleyeti was having. I create the gallery in GoLive CS2 and everything look fine, but once the gallery is live it changes to a light grey background... what the heck is going on? And how do I change this?
You can see an example of the gallery at www dot cigarsandstripes dot com, just click on the "Hot Rides". You can see that the light grey kills the feel of the site when everything else is done with a black background.

Any help is greatly appreciated.