Topic: Tiltviewer commandeers IE, other links on page won't work

I really like Tiltviewer and am considering getting the Pro version. However, I noticed that in IE6 and IE7, when Tiltviewer is loading its images, none of the other links on the page work correctly.

As soon as the viewer is done loading the photos, the links come back to life. In fact, if I click on a link during the loading phase, the browser's navigation action is delayed until Tiltviewer loads all of its images... then the browser politely obeys and navigates to the link I clicked 20 seconds ago!

It happens with Flash Player versions 9 and 10.

I noticed that IE8 is a bit more responsive, but there are still delays when clicking links. Firefox and Safari do not have this problem.

Is there a way to get around this or is this a bug you can fix? I'd love to use your gallery, but this is a deal-breaker as most of my visitors are IE folks.

Re: Tiltviewer commandeers IE, other links on page won't work

Demo site is up where you can see the behavior:
dev onehat com/lighting/gallery/tco

Re: Tiltviewer commandeers IE, other links on page won't work

I've been doing more digging on this...

Javascript is not disabled or delayed while Tiltviewer is loading, so I tried many methods of clearing Tiltviewer and then allowing the browser to navigate on. I tried:

galleryContainer.innerHTML = '';

Each of these methods successfully removes Tiltviewer from the DOM, but amazingly not from memory or active process. In other words, even though Tiltviewer has disappeared from the page, I can sometimes still hear its "pop sounds" indicating that it is continuing to load images. And while it continues to load images, all links on the page do not work.

I also tried using the window.onbeforeunload event to remove Tiltviewer. It removed Tiltviewer from the DOM immediately upon clicking a link, but did not stop it from continuing to load images, and thereby stalled the browser.

To the Tiltviewer developers:
Could you please create a function within Tiltviewer (free and Pro) that cancels any ongoing image requests, and then expose this to the external Javascript API? I think if the Flash file itself could be told to quit trying to retrieve the remaining files, it wouldn't lock up the browser.