Topic: svManager - Uploader is not working

Hi,

I've been using svManager for a long time and it has normally worked great.  I'm running into an issue now where I can not get it to open up the dialog box when you click Add and if you drag and drop an item to the upload box, it shows up there but clicking upload does nothing.

I'm running Java Plug-in 1.6.0_13 and both IE 8 and Firefox 3.0.10 fails to function.  The Java Console does shown an exception, but I am unsure if this is what the root cause is or not:

May 18, 2009 9:09:14 PM - UploadApplet - init() - java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

Any ideas or known issues with this version of Java?

Re: svManager - Uploader is not working

FYI,

The svmtest also has the same issue.  Passes on the first 2 pages but I can not upload any pictures - Add button and Upload button don't seem to do anything

I can't reproduce the problem on Vista Ultimate with 1.6.0_13 and Firefox 3.0.10.

I've updated svmTest to the latest version of the java uploader applet. Please download it again from the Airtight Interactive web site and give this version a try. You'll need to empty the browser cache before you run it.

If you are still having problems it might be worth clearing-out any old versions of Java from your computer. I had a similar problem some time ago when I upgraded Java (can't remember what version) and removing everything to do with old versions of Java fixed it.

jack

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Well the svmtest also has the same problem.  I'm going to uninstall all Java software and then reinstall and see what happens.

Okay,

I reinstalled Java and still the same issue.  I have tried this on another computer and it works perfectly, so it's something with my Java runtime.  Any suggestions on how to completely uninstall Java and clean out all settings?

My main machine is a Mac and I just keep a windows vista machine for testing so I may not be the best person to help. When I had a java problem on my windows machine I didn't have any luck with uninstalling and reinstalling Java runtime so I tried JavaRa and it did the trick. I've no other experience of JavaRa and I don't know if there are any potential problems – all I can say is it worked for me that one time.

jack

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.