Topic: Dreamweaver & Simple Viewer

Hi there,
  I have read the FAQ but still have a question to ask, in the FAQ page under embedding simple viewer to an existing HTML page and at the bottom there is a "NOTE For Dreamweaver Users" it says "SimpleViewer uses SWFObject to embed the SWF. SWFObject is an industry standard way to embed flash content that handles Flash player detection and upgrade prompts. Using the default Flash embed method in Dreamweaver will not work, since the config options that are set in the Javascript will be ignored". Now it says using the default falsh embed method will not work, is there another non default way for me to work it? Just a note, I am a newbie to website building that's why I am using Dreamweaver in the design view. So any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Dreamweaver & Simple Viewer

Not sure if this helps,  (and this may vary between the Pro version and the Free download version. I'm using Pro, but IT should be the same for the Free download version if thats what you are using. )

You could just use the SWF, the main gallery that SimpleViewer Creates. Just embed that into the html of the website.

i.e I used <embed src="index.swf" width="1024" height="780"> on my site. That put the swf on a blank web page and defined the width.

SBcarshops

I am using the free version. I can embed the SWF viewer with no problems at all, the problem is that it says that there is no pictures in the gallery!! All the files are in the right folders as far as I can see. I put it into dreamweaver as a flash.

The best way to do it is the get swfobjects, you want swfobject_2_1.zip.

unzip swfobject_2_1.zip and upload swfaddress.js to your gallery dir.

add this to your head: (change galleries.swf to whatever your gallery or viewer swf is called.)

<script type="text/javascript" src="swfaddress.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript"> 
            var flashvars = &#123;&#125;;
            flashvars.firstImageIndex = "0";
            var params = &#123;&#125;;
            params.play = "true";
            params.menu = "false";
            params.quality = "best";
            params.scale = "noscale";
            params.allowScriptAccess = "sameDomain";
            params.swLiveConnect = "true";
            var attributes = &#123;&#125;;
            attributes.id = "galleryContent";
            swfobject.embedSWF&#40;"galleries.swf", "galleryContent", "880", "560", "8.0.0", false, flashvars, params, attributes&#41;;
</script>
<style type="text/css" media="screen">
    object &#123; outline&#58;none; &#125;
</style>

Add this to your body

<div id="galleryContent">
    <p>In order to view these galleries you must have <a href="http&#58;//www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash">Adobe Flash Player</a> installed. 
    If you know that you have Flash installed, then please ensure JavaScript and/or Active Content are enabled.</p>
</div>
Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.