Topic: Internet explorer problem

Hi. Help needed please.

I have uploaded my simpleviewer gallery to my existing html document and it works fine in mozilla and safari but not internet explorer or opera. The page address is
cococatering org uk/Sheffied%20Caterers%20Gallery html

Not sure what I have done wrong as i'm not that hot on html. I use dreamweaver to create my website.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I have looked on the faq pages but nothing seems to answer my question.

Cheers.

Rich

Re: Internet explorer problem

when viewing your page source I see this:

<head<script type="text/javascript" src="swfobject.js"></script>>

Change it to this:

<head>
<script type="text/javascript" src="swfobject.js"></script>

Save, upload, clear IE's cache (Tools>Internet Options>Delete Files)

View your site again and see if this fixed your problem.

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thanks for the reply. Sadly it didn't work. Not sure what to do next. Any other ideas would be most welcome.

Cheers.

I went by your site again and it still seem to have the same html error I posted above. Are you sure you uploaded the fix?

Mike Richards

Hi There..

My problem is of a similar nature to the posts above, so I decided to add on instead of creating a new thread..

I built a website today, and one of the pages is using simpleviewer for a gallery.. love it, and its works a dream in firefox.. however, when I looked it up on IE it does not show for me, I have tried to research for an answer but am at a dead end.

I am not very good with html at all, and literally fumble my way through, so I imagine you will find my source a bit messy, but all the pages on the site show up exactly how I want in FF, so not too sure what I can do to get it the same in IE??

I would be hugely grateful for any help at all..

Many Thanks

http://thestolenthieves.com/4.html

Mel

Try validating your page with the W3C Markup Validation Service and fix the errors reported.
When the page contains only valid code, it be be rendered with greater consistency across different browsers.

For example, you have code between your </head> and <body> tags, some of which should be in the <head> section (the <style> section) and the rest should be in the <body> section.
Also, your <style> section has an opening comment tag but no corresponding closing tag and the 'body' CSS (within the <style> section) requires a closing }.

Steven Speirs

Thanks so much Steven,

I started changing the <head> tag as you said, and now its working great in both IE & firefox.. I am a complete amateur at all this so your help is so very much appreciated  big_smile

Have a great weekend