Topic: Showing only 1 caption for every image

How do I set the same caption to show for every image, without having to copy and paste the same text 100's of times?

Re: Showing only 1 caption for every image

The easiest way to do this would be to turn captions off and just place a static text fieldon the flash stage with the text tool.

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thanks again Mike, always the big help! That's what I thought would be the easiest too, but was just wondering if you could do it within the XML file. Thanks again smile

Hi Mike
How can I do this. I have placed a static text field on the flash stage and just don't see, it's the same with a Dynamic Text. Different to 'gilsontech', what I want is put a counter for each photo (photo x of x) for now I have put this in the Movie clip called 'Title' but is not the best solution, I really want do it with another text field.

To add a count for each photo in Image.as you could add another caption field and use mIndex and mImageArea.mImages.length to populate the numbers or you could add an additional XML tag <image count>1 of 23</image count> and the code to handle the new field in XMLManager.as and Image.as. If you don't know how to do this there are post in the forum or you could look to the source for an example. If you go with the first option don't add a text field to the stage like you are now, but add it as the caption field is added in Image.as.

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

I have created a textfield in StageManager.as directly and I used the var mXMLManager.imageCount and index, inside the function 'showCaption()'. Thanks a lot.