Topic: Vertical Scrolling for thumbnails

Hi,

I have search around the forum and have yet found an answer to the question... can someone please let me know where i can change the horizontal page scrolling to a vertical one?

i know there a line is ThumbArea.as line 126 that will change the direction.
mPagingTwn = new Tween(mClip_mc.mcDisplayArea.mcSlidingDisplayArea, "_x", Strong.easeOut, 0, 0, Options.thumbnailMotionLength, false);

_x change to _y.

but it doesn't really display the thumbnail pages right after... what else do i need to change in order for it to calculate via the thumbnail area height instead of width?

also is it possible for the thumbnails to be in different sizes?
padding in between horizontally to be one value and padding vertically to be another value?

Please help me if anyone know the answers.

Thanks,
angela

Re: Vertical Scrolling for thumbnails

vertical scrolling... taking a quick look at ThumbArea.as beyond where you are already looking take a look at how the thumb movie clip is made, used and navigation associated with it, showNextPage() and showPreviousPage().

To change thumbnail size use thumbnailWidth and thumbnailHeight in options.as. The padding is only represnted by one var thumbnailPadding you would have to make changes to the source to get a x and y padding option. See resources below for more detail.

resources:
SimpleViewer-Pro ActionScript Options
SimpleViewer-Pro User Manual
simpleviewer faq
googleing simpleviewer __(your issue)__ often brings up an answer too

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

To change thumbnail size use thumbnailWidth and thumbnailHeight in options.as.

yes i know that much smile
... what i meant was that i need the thumbnails to be of different sizes within the same gallery as i have some that's squarish, and some that's rectangular.

thanks for the links, i will try googling tonight for more answers.

There is no way to have different sized thumbs without changing the source. This could get complicated because the movie clip that houses the thumbs is generated based on their height, width and a set padding. You could kind of fake it by creating the rectangle thumbs with a black boarder to make them square.

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

There is no way to have different sized thumbs without changing the source. This could get complicated because the movie clip that houses the thumbs is generated based on their height, width and a set padding. You could kind of fake it by creating the rectangle thumbs with a black boarder to make them square.

ok thanks... i will nix this then... cheating would not help coz the smallest thubnail is the square and the retangles are the ones that are bigger than the square since they are horizontal and vertical images... i will just tell them it's impossible... thank you for your help.