Topic: Bad Sizing in Safari 4 and Chrome

So I published my site and everything works fine when I look at it in Firefox and IE. When I look at it in Chrome (2.0.172.28) and Safari 4 beta (528.17) the tiltviewer is zoomed in too large, pushing my HTML footer down the page. It also makes it near impossible to go to the next page in the gallery, since the arrow is clear off the side of the screen. Is there a quick fix for just Safari and Chrome that I don't know about?

I have tested all browsers on a PC running Windows 7 RC1, and on a Mac running whatever the current final version of Safari is.

You can view my site at:

jessewestphoto dot com.

Thanks!

Re: Bad Sizing in Safari 4 and Chrome

Try changing your css for #flashcontent by either taking out height: 100%; or with the height set to x number of pixels instead of a persentage.

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

I tried taking out the height property entirely, but it had no effect. I made the height a fixed value (485 px) and that fixed the problem. Except now viewing the page on a high resolution monitor doesn't fill the screen like I want it to, and low resolution monitors will have to side-scroll to see it all. All I want to do is have the flash element (Tiltviewer) zoom to fill the screen, side to side. With #flashcontent height set to 100%, it works fine on Firefox and IE. but zooms too much on Safari and Chrome. What am I missing?

Setting height set to 100% tends to cause strange visual "problems" when designing web pages in general. Both Safari and Chrome use  Webkit as their rendering engine so it makes sense that they are acting the same.  I'm not sure there is a solution that will enable you to fill the screen while preventing Safari and Chrome from acting "abnormally".

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.