Topic: Problem Viewing Multiple Albums in IE7...

Hello Everyone,

I'm having a problem i'm hoping someone can help with. In IE7 (and probably IE6), i am able to open an album and use it as normal. The problem is that when i go back to the multiple album page/Photo Gallery Manager page and click on any other album, ONLY THE FIRST ALBUM SHOWS AGAIN.

So whatever album i view first, that album becomes the only album that shows when i click on any of the other available albums. It works perfectly in Firefox but not in IE7 which is what i need it to do. Thank you all in advance for you help on this one...George

Re: Problem Viewing Multiple Albums in IE7...

What is the URL?

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

I have followed the forum guildlines but i am still unable to post the site address. Anyone know why?

You have to have 5 posts before you can post a full url. you can still post one by leaving out the "." in the address such as www yoursite com / the gallery html.

Mike Richards

I have left out the "." and instead used spaces as noted but it's still not working. It's a bit crazy since i've tried multiple times and follow the forum guidelines.

try "yoursite(dot)com thegallery" no http, no slashes, no www. Don't know what else to suggest.

Mike Richards

Thanks Miker,

Let me try it that way... "pgtc (dot) bm the gallery"

It looks like IE is getting the xml stuck in it's cache and over writing the other galleries. Is this just the standard implementation of simpleviewer? How are you embedding the gallery?

Mike Richards

Thanks Miker,

My programmer says that he has just written the XML file of this gallery on every click. Does that make sense? What can he try/do? Thanks again.

Here's more info from my programmer:

Gallery implementation

Before open the simpleviewer gallery page, i have writen it's gallery.xml again and again or every click on the basis of our database record. This problem is only in IE7. IE7 is unable to read new write gallery.xml file

I don't know if this will solve your problem but I've notice two things about your gallery.xml files.
(1) They should end with a </simpleviewergallery> tag which is not present.
(2) You have filenames containing the & character which cause a 'XML Parsing Error: not well-formed' error.  Either remove the & from your filenames or replace & with &amp; inside the <filename></filename> tags in the gallery.xml files, eg.

<filename>10_LD RunnerUps_Molly &amp; Janet.JPG</filename>
Steven Speirs

Thanks monkeyboy,

I will have my programmer try that and let you know. We really need it to work so i hope it does. Thank you again!

Still not working. My designer said he tried the info noted in the last suggested message but without any change. He said that the problem is  IE is unable to read our gallery.xml file again and again. IE is only reading the gallery.xml file which loaded at first time.

Take a look at this again for me guys and let me know your ideas. Thank you in advance....George

try using the faq number 16 method for the different galleries.

Mike Richards