Topic: Two Galleries, one page

Hi,

There are many posts about this same problem. The standard answer is look at #16 in the faq. Did that - still don't get it. I've been trying to solve this for about 3 days and it's driving me crazy. I've built two separate galleries and a menu page - the problem is, when i upload to the ftp, my image and thumbs folders and gallery.xml have to be with all of the other .html files, otherwise the gallery won't show up. When I try to upload the second gallery, it ends up overwriting the other gallery because the folder names have to be the same. I've tried uploading the galleries in their own separate folders, but then they don't show up.

I had it all figured out locally, the issue is when I have to upload it to the ftp.

Any suggestions would be awesome, just not the faq #16.

www (dot) ryanhobson (dot) com

Thanks!
-r

Re: Two Galleries, one page

Hi,

the reason I post FAQ Q16 is because that is the answer to your question, including example files. Did you try looking at the examples?

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

I have looked at the examples, and they work great - i just don't know how to look at the code or the way they have it arranged in their ftp, so it hasn't really helped.....it's still seems like a vague explanation. i must be missing some part of it. What does it mean by a menu page? Is that a html homepage that points to two different galleries? I did that. I still can't upload the galleries in separate folders and if I don't do that - one overwrites the other......

As stated the normal way to do this is in your root (or base) directory have and index that links to two folders each containing a gallery. The directory listing would look like this.

+root folder
|
+gallery1 folder
+gallery2 folder
--index.html

+gallery1 folder
|
-+images
-+thumbs
--gallery.xml
--index.html
--swfobject.js
--viewer.swf

+gallery2 folder
|
-+images
-+thumbs
--gallery.xml
--index.html
--swfobject.js
--viewer.swf

Did you try downloading the file at the bottom of the example page? You would just have to swap out your xmls and images and add a index.html file in the base dir to get a sample working.

If you want to change the directory structure you can change where your images and xml documents are stored using the xml options imagePath, thumbPath and the html option xmlDataPath.
http://www.airtightinteractive.com/simp … tions.html

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.