Topic: Z-index help please!

I am using the free download of Simpleviewer - it all works perfectly apart from one thing. I have a menu.js controlling my menu navigation throughout the site. On the gallery page The simpleviewer sits on top of this so i cannot see the submenus on my navigation. My menu.js has a z-index already as follows:

document.write("<div id='mainMenu' style='position:absolute; left:"+mainMenusAbsolutePosLeft+"; top:"+mainMenusAbsolutePosTop+"; width:"+mainMenuWidth+"; z-index:1; visibility: show;'>");

Can i put a z-index in the swfobject.js code? Or do i do it in the HTML page? Where do i put this bit of code?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

smile

Re: Z-index help please!

Well, in the HTML code, you might need to add a div that contains the SimpleViewer display and change the z-index there. That would seem to me the easiest solution...

Let me know if it works as I may want to add something like that on my galleries.

Hi,

Flash will always be on top, as far as i know.
You can try using wmode-transparent in the SV embed code.
http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgeb … d=tn_15523

There may be some more recent work arounds, try googling

hth Richard

Richard

in order to better assist you, please provide a url, relevant code and details about your problem.
Thanks!

Thanks for the help. The Div suggestion does not work and i am not savvy enough to know where to use wmode-transparent in the SV embed code. Any more help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks

Hi Chrise,
in your index.html ( assumes version 1 point 8)
add
fo.addParam("wmode", "transparent");

it will look like this ( just paste this over the existing code)

<div id="flashcontent">SimpleViewer requires Macromedia Flash. <a href="http&#58;//www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer/">Get Macromedia Flash.</a> If you have Flash installed, <a href="index.html?detectflash=false">click to view gallery</a>.</div>    
    <script type="text/javascript">
        var fo = new SWFObject&#40;"viewer.swf", "viewer", "100%", "100%", "7", "#181818"&#41;;    
        fo.addVariable&#40;"preloaderColor", "0xffffff"&#41;;
        fo.addVariable&#40;"xmlDataPath", "gallery.xml"&#41;;    
        fo.write&#40;"flashcontent"&#41;;
        fo.addParam&#40;"wmode", "transparent"&#41;;    
    </script>
Richard

in order to better assist you, please provide a url, relevant code and details about your problem.
Thanks!

Unfortunately it's still not working  sad . Thanks for the help - any more suggestions more than welcome!!

Thanks

got a url  to look at?

Richard

Thanks!

Im having the same problem i managed to get it to work with the old version but not the new version 1.8.

Thanks in advance
Jim

(edit moved links)

Solved

Put the fo.addParam("wmode", "transparent"); straight after the var fo = new param.

Hope this helps.:lol:

<div id="flashcontent">SimpleViewer requires Macromedia Flash. <a href="http&#58;//www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer/">Get Macromedia Flash.</a> If you have Flash installed, <a href="index.html?detectflash=false">click to view gallery</a>.</div>    
    <script type="text/javascript">
        var fo = new SWFObject&#40;"viewer.swf", "viewer", "100%", "100%", "7", "#181818"&#41;;
        fo.addParam&#40;"wmode", "transparent"&#41;;    
        fo.addVariable&#40;"preloaderColor", "0xFFFFFF"&#41;;
        fo.addVariable&#40;"xmlDataPath", "gallery.xml"&#41;;    
        fo.write&#40;"flashcontent"&#41;;            
    </script>