Topic: problem after start up

Hi guys ive just bought svmanager. The svmtest worked fine and my hosting company changed all the php permisions to make it so however when i log in i get the following message when trying to create a password

Warning: file_put_contents(data/auth.txt) [function.file-put-contents]: failed to open stream: Permission denied (auth.php, line 136)
Warning: Unable to store new user name and password in data/auth.txt (auth.php, line 138)

can you help, there is also a message before this on log in

Warning: could not save gallery data to data/gallerydata.txt (galleryset.php, line 262)

hope you guy can help

toodle pip mike

Re: problem after start up

All these errors look like permission problems. SvManager is being prevented from writing to files in the svmanager/data folder.

If you have a Linux/Unix server you can use your ftp program to set the permissions yourself. Windows servers have their own methods which vary from installation to installation.

If you haven't already done so, please take a look at the section on permissions in the troubleshooting section of the svManager user manual. Then check the file and folder permissions on the svmanager folder itself, the svmanager/data folder and all the files inside svmanager/data.

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.