Topic: Tiltviewer and IE don’t play nicely together - any idea wh

When Tiltviewer is running in IE, other links on my site will not work correctly: Image rollovers are delayed, sometimes the browser seems to freeze for seconds. With Firefox no problem, only with IE (tested with IE7).

I've found a similar topic in the forum, but no answer (check topic 8255).

Please help!

Slim

Re: Tiltviewer and IE don’t play nicely together - any idea wh

Does this happen when you look at the demo here: http://www.airtightinteractive.com/proj … iewer/app/ ?

what version of IE and OS are you running?

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Hi Felix,

many thanks for your answer. Because your demo has no CSS rollover buttons around the tiltviewer app, I can't check whether this behaviour happens with your demo or not.

But I've recognized some delays and freezing too. This happens when you play with the tiltviewer app in a large browser window: Move the mouse very fast from left to right and back and so on. Then the tiltviewer app sometimes freezes for a second or so.

This behaviour happens only with Internet Explorer, not with Firefox and Co. My development environment ist Windows XP SP3. IE version is 7. I've tested it with other OS (Win 2000, Vista) also - with IE I have always the same behaviour.

Meanwhile I've found a workaround to prevent the delays:
- only use images with a maximum resolution of 400 x 400 px (or similar)
AND
- resize the stage for IE with Javascript from 100% to a maximum size of 800 x 600 px

As mentioned before the problem only occurs in a large browser window on a high resolution monitor (mine is 1680 x 1050 px). There are no more delays when I downsize the browser window.

I guess that there is a problem with the IE Javascript engine or the IE Flash plugin. But maybe the problem will occur with Firefox and Co. too if I had a larger monitor with highest resolution? Should I resize the stage to a maximum size for other browser too?

Do you understand my English?

Slim

Hi,

TiltViewer is quite CPU intensive due to the 3D rendering. If you have a large browser window on an older machine you may experience reduced performance. How does it preform in fullscreen mode?

The solution is to limit the size of the SWF by giving it a fixed size in the HTML page.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Hi Guys - I have a related issue but with firfox instead. Works fine in IE in its own windows but when in firefox the initial loading of the image animation shows but then disappears and no images display. I have tried the suggestions of reduced image size/window size etc ect but nowt seems to work at present - any assistance would be helpfull - www go-in-sarstedt de and menu on left for albums.

Regards

MJ