Topic: gallery relative to html file problems

Hi There
I am having problems with simpleviewer picking up a gallery located outside of the same folder as the html page.

The file structure looks like:

>--galleries
      >-gallery1
            -gallery.xml
            >images
            >thumbs
     >-webfiles
            -viewgallery.html  (contains the viewer) 

In the HTML:
fo.addVariable("xmlDataPath", "../../gallery1/gallery.xml");

and in the gallery.xml:

imagePath = "../../gallery1/images/" thumbPath = "../../gallery1/thumbs/"

If I move the files to the same as HTML file, to folders below the HTML folder, or to one directory above, so ../gallery.xml, and change the corresponding values mentioned above it works fine.

Am I specifying the relative paths wrong?  A direct path isn't working either.

I am using simpleviewer-pro

Thanks
Janice

Re: gallery relative to html file problems

Is 'webfiles' a folder that pre-existed on your server? If so you may need to place all your web files in it.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

All the folders pre exist on the server but the webfiles is the root for the website.  I wanted to place the galleries outside the webroot for security mainly.  It just seems like simpleviewer doesn't like to go outside the webroot directory to find the files.

The file with the simpleviewer in it is actually a php file not a static html file, I forgot to mention that.

Janice

I'm not sure that simpleviewer will load files out side of the root dir I have never tried it. Have you tried direct linking, /home/username/thefolder?

Gallery suggest that you set your image folder outside of the root directory and they have a simpleviewer module that feed their mysql db to the xmldatapath. So you must be able to do it in a around about way with php at least.

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thanks Miker

I will take a look at the Gallery site and see how they do it. 

Janice