Topic: Help adding back button to viewer

OK, I read the FAQ, but can't seem to get this going . . . I'd like to have a "return to home" button/hyperlink at the bottom of the gallery view.  Can someone straighten me out?

Thanks!

Scott

Re: Help adding back button to viewer

Do you want it to actually be in the viewer area, or would it work to just edit the HTML on the page? I can't help you if you want it in the viewer, but below it on the page is simple with a little bit of HTML...

i have done it somewhat on my photo pages however it is to photos.htm not back one page.

http://www.members.shaw.ca/kanadianice/ … index.html

its different when its in frames but it works.

kanadianiceman, as per the terms of use, please ensure the SimpleViewer download link is clearly visible. Thanks!

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thanks for the replies. 

I don't have my galleries embedded in an HTML page, but I WAS hoping to have a "return" tag inserted into the viewer itself.  I just worked with the FAQ example some more, and am having some progress today, but it looks like the "return" line has to appear in the footer of header, and not in the viewer itself . . .

Cheers,

Scott

It is also possible to load a SWF into the background that includes a back button.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

First of all Hello to everyone

I would love to now how to make a back botton but I dont have a clue how to  do it, what kanadianiceman has would do me fine, but how???

Cheers
Ted

Felix,

How would one go about loading a swf. into the bg that includes a button?  If you can point me in the right direction for that, I'd really appreciate it as that is exactly the thing my company would like to incorporate into the simpleviewer.

google " flash back button" for a variety of solutions

This one will get you started
http://www.actionscripts.org/tutorials/ … ndex.shtml

also, the flash Help files and live docs cover this

Richard

in order to better assist you, please provide a url, relevant code and details about your problem.
Thanks!