Topic: Simple viewer in a tumblr blog

It is possible to embed simple viewer in a post in my tumblr? My photos are now currently being hosted by smugmug and i link them directly to my blog. But i was hoping to have a simpleviewer right in my post. It is possible then to host the flashfile and the other required files somewhere else and embed the slideshow into my posts? Tumblr allows you to customise your html in your posts btw. Thanks for all the help!

Re: Simple viewer in a tumblr blog

You should be able to put the file url in the filename tags <filename>imageURL</filename> and embed the gallery. I've never used Tumblr so I would try googling Tumblr simpleviewer.

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Hi thanks for your help. But what do mean to replace your Filename tags? I'm not very good with html. Simpleviewer says to put this

<script type="text/javascript" src="swfobject.js"></script> 

into the <head> tag and then put this

<div id="flashcontent">SimpleViewer requires JavaScript and the Flash Player.
<a href="[color=red]the macromedia website[/color]">Get Flash.</a></div>   
    <script type="text/javascript">
        var fo = new SWFObject("viewer.swf", "viewer", "800", "600", "8", "#181818");
        fo.write("flashcontent");   
    </script>

where i want my file to be. But it wouldn't load and i searched on the net for a solution and somebody said to use this instead.

<embed src="viewer.swf" bgcolor="#181818" name="viewer" width="640" height="480" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="[color=red]the shockwave website[/color]"></embed>

which now makes a grey box appear where i've put it. Previously i had a message telling me to upgrade my flash files.

so now i need to upload my simpleviewer files somewhere else. What filename tags are you referring to? 

Thanks for all your help. Really appreciate it. 

Sorry the forum wont allow me to post any links up without 5 posts. Tried to embed a screen shot of what i wanted to say but it also wouldn't allow me to do that.

Sorry I was referring to the gallery.xml file.

You can post your url as www (dot) yoururl (dot) com/thepage.html

I'm not familiar with Tumblr can is this an app like wordpress or a service like blogspot?

Have you taken a look at this example of how to embed simpleviewer?
http://www.simpleviewer.net/simpleviewe … /embedded/

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.