Topic: Again: Background Color

Hi there.

I need Autoviewer Pro, but before I order, I need to know this:

There´s an unanswered Thread below in which someone asks how to change the background color behind the images (standard something like RGB 24,24,24)
I need to know the same, but yet nobody has answered his post. Can anyone please do so?
I´ve checked the Pro Options, but in the "color box" none of the color values seems to be the background color of the main screen...
I need to be able to change that color, otherwise I wont be able to use the gallery on my website.

And:

Will the back button on the gallery (Pro) be in some sort of frame so it will remain visible on top of the page no matter how far you scroll right?

PS: Is there any special offer if I buy Auto viewer Pro *and* Simple Viewer Pro at once?

Thanks!

Re: Again: Background Color

You can change the background color in 1 of 2 different ways.

(1) Using flash...
When embedding AutoViewer using code such as:

var fo = new SWFObject("autoviewer.swf", "autoviewer", "100%", "100%", "8", "#acc2e3");

... the '#acc2e3' entry is the hex value for the background color.
The following test gallery applies the background color using this method:
http://testgallery.110mb.com/bgcolor/bgcolor_flash.html

(2) Using CSS...
You can set the background color in CSS using code such as:

<style type="text/css">
body &#123;
  background-color&#58; #acc2e3;
&#125;
</style>

... in the <head> section of your html page and then setting the flash parameter 'wmode' to 'transparent' for the color to show through.

<script type="text/javascript">
  var fo = new SWFObject&#40;"autoviewer.swf", "autoviewer", "100%", "100%", "8", "#acc2e3"&#41;;
  fo.addParam&#40;"wmode", "transparent"&#41;;
  fo.write&#40;"flashcontent"&#41;;
</script>

(It doesn't matter what background color you enter into the SWFObject line as it will not be used.  Also, bear in mind that, depending on the setup of your page, it may not be the 'body' whose background color should be set.  It may be a 'div'.)

The following test gallery applies the background using this method:
http://testgallery.110mb.com/bgcolor/bgcolor_css.html

View the source of bgcolor_flash.html and bgcolor_css.html to see the complete code for each method.  The pages are stripped back to the bare minimum and should be easy to follow.

Both these options are available in the standard (non-Pro) version of Autoviewer.

If the back button you are referring to is the arrow to move back to the previous image, then, as far as I am aware, it will always be visible at the edge of the stage as long as the mouse is hovering somewhere over the stage and there is an image to go back to.

I'm afraid I can't answer your third question about any special offers!

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Re: Again: Background Color

Thanks, finally I was able to change the background color. There are so many color values in the files, I always missed the right one...

As for the back button: They are saying hat I can insert an additional button with e.g. a link to the previous page. I was wondering where that button will be located and if the href will be completely free to edit (or just a "back in browser history-button").

Thanks again,
Christoph