Topic: show both arrows

show both arrows all the time.. and allow scrolling in the opposite direction..

currently I have it set to loop at the end of the thumbnails.. but I'd like to start the gallery with both arrows showing and allow the viewer to go in either direction..and not just forward.

So yeah looping in both directions not just one way looping like it is currently..

any actionscript adjustments for that?

and even better would be mouseOver arrow, smooth thumbnail scrolling in direction of arrow.

Re: show both arrows

There are no directions to do this, but it could be done without too much of an effort. You would need to make some changes to the ThumbArea.as, I would start with updateNav(), showPreviousPage() and showNextPage().

Basiclly figure out what the first and last pages would be and tell it if you are on the first showPreviousPage() on go to the last and if your are on the last on showNextPage() goto the first.

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Maybe someone else could take a look at it..  even with the tips of where to implement the actual changes, I don't have enough experience to make those changes.

And from looking at the ThumbArea.as, updating these "updateNav(), showPreviousPage() and showNextPage()" it would also require changing some other area to get the mousewheel looping behavior to work in both directions aswel?

Yes there are other areas that would need changing, I was only suggesting were to start. If you do not feel confident with Actionscript I would suggest getting a book or hiring someone to program this for you as the support on these forums is primarily for existing features.

Please note that the SimpleViewer-Pro source code is provided 'as-is' to allow people with ActionScript experience to modify as required. Airtight Interactive cannot provide support for all possible modifications to the source code and cannot provide tutorials on how to code ActionScript.
http://www.simpleviewer.net/simpleviewe … tml#source

Mike Richards

well maybe as a future update

To keep the image navigation arrows on screen set the 'hideImageButtonsOnRollOut' AS option to 'false': http://www.simpleviewer.net/simpleviewe … tions.html

To play the gallery backwards you would need to modify the source as indicated by miker.

Felix Turner

really this isn't about the image navigation arrows.. its about the thumbnail ones mainly.. as the image navigation arrows are better off hidden seeing as they default to overlaying ontop of the image.. where as the thumbnail nav arrows are not overlayed and are either side of the thumbnail strip here.. so it makes more sense to have both showing..

even a disabled arrow would look better in position than displaying nothing and then suddenly having an arrow show up.. 

anyway will sort it out my way.