});

and using this

<a href="#" id="contact">Contact</a>

to call it
---------
flash XML data....used in gallery.xml

<image>
        <filename>blahblah.jpg</filename>
        <caption>blahblah.jpg <!&#91;CDATA&#91;<a href="#" id="contact">Contact</a>&#93;&#93;
></caption>
</image> 

that doesn't work when used within flash.. so I'm guessing there must
be some other over confabulated way of doing it...

but how?? i'm sure they're plenty of ways of achieving what I want
that link to do.. which is change the jquery ui tab.. I was hoping I
could use href="#contact" and that could do it, but it only accepts
the id="contact"  ..and that is not getting through... some other way of passing this javascript link??

Re: flash xml cdata > jquery ui tab select

Try <![CDATA[<a href="yoursite.com/thepage.html#contact" id="contact">Contact</a>]]

You can Also call Javascript functions in Actionscript with ExternalInterface.call() or getURL().  getURL("thePage.html#contact","_self");

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Re: flash xml cdata > jquery ui tab select

well the problem is that jquery ui tabs only looks for and accepts id="contact" and flash obviously doesn't bother passing that info...I mean it should pass the id to the browser page right? so that javascript could pick up on it?

Try <!&#91;CDATA&#91;<a href="yoursite.com/index.php#contact" id="contact">Contact</a>&#93;&#93; 

and this I thought might work aswel.. because if you goto the site using a url like

"localhost/index.php#contact" 

in the address bar... the jquery javascript function will pickup the #contact and switch to that tab on page load... but when using simpleviewer(while already on index.php) and using that same "index.php#contact" _self .... the address bar url will change and add #contact..... but it won't work and switch tab sad

right now the only way I can see this is working is if I make another actual page..  that just acts as a  redirect back to the same index.php page but with the #contact on the end.. which would kinda defeat the point of it being seamless but it should work I guess.

You can Also call Javascript functions in Actionscript with ExternalInterface.call&#40;&#41; or getURL&#40;&#41;. getURL&#40;"thePage.html#contact","_self"&#41;;

well unfortunately I'm not really that good with flash actionscripting just beginner...also I'm getting the feeling this is more of a problem with the jquery ui tab setup

as this bit of code

$&#40;"#contact"&#41;.click&#40;function &#40;&#41; &#123;
        $&#40;"#tabs"&#41;.tabs&#40;'select',4&#41;;

&#125;&#41;;

is only looking for id="contact" and not <a href="#contact" sad