Topic: "X's" everywhere ??

I just found SimpleViewer and it does look cool.  I am using BreezeBrowser Pro and downloaded the SViewer template, and placed in BB/template folder... followed the instructions to change Pref/HTML settings to have "main" and "thumbs" in those blocks.... selected some images.... selected the SimpleViewer HTML template... changed the size of the main and thums to what the wesbite suggested and when the gallery is finished - everything is "X" out (main and all thumbs).

I have tried to read up on it and see where some posts speak of a XML file to edit, but I dont see an XML file in the SV folder.  This gallery is just on my local computer yet, no reason to upload it yet if nothing is working.

Scratch that... I uploade so you could see/help.  w w w paulalfordphotography com / HTML3 / index html

Any advice ?

Re: "X's" everywhere ??

The doctype declaration should be the very first thing in your index.html page.  Having had a look at your index.html page, it is safe to delete everything (including all spaces and line breaks) before <!DOCTYPE...
(You can reinsert <!-- saved from url=(0014)about:internet --> just before the <head> section if you like.)

You have two closing </head> tags.
Remove the one immediately above the <title> tag.

When using XHTML 1.0 Strict, <br> tags should be self-closing, so replace all instances of <br> with <br />

The method you're using to set the background color works in IE8 but not in Firefox 3.5 (causing the viewer to fail to load completely).

var fo = new SWFObject&#40;"viewer.swf", "viewer", "100%", "100%", "7", background_color&#41;;

... to:

var fo = new SWFObject&#40;"viewer.swf", "viewer", "100%", "100%", "7", "#777777"&#41;;

... and delete the entire:

// Set the background color here&#58;

Your xml file, named index2.html (it should really have an .xml file extension) is looking for the images in a folder called 'images' and the thumbnails in a folder called 'thumbs'.  The images and thumbanils do not seem to be there, ie: … s/003a.jpg (the first image listed) does not exist, hence the cross.
Change the imagePath and thumbPath variables in the xml file to point to where the images actually are.

The maxImageWidth and maxImageHeight variables in the xml file should have numerical pixel values (eg maxImageHeight="600" rather than maxImageHeight="@maxImageHeight@".

Give me a shout if you need any further help.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thanks for your help !!  I notice the original images I used in BB has filename and when I run the SV template, the main image in the images folder has 003(2)_std on it.  So I have something renaming the images... so that might have something to do with not showing up too.

Thanks Monkeyboy.  I was able to get it working.  The preferences in BB had the HTM creation adding suffixs to the filename (_std and _thm) so I removed that and it works now.

Looking forward to playing with this new template.