Topic: "gallery not found" IE

I have been using SV Pro for a while.  Implementing on a new revision of my site, using a jquery popup called Facebox.

It has been working beautifully, until I tried to load it in IE (v8). 

"Gallery not found" is the message.  Yes, I know that this means it can't find the gallery.xml.  But it is working in FF (v3.5), Safari (v4) and Chrome.  I've tried using a full path (rev(dot)amybsells(dot)com/listings/1849Mills/gallery.xml), but that doesn't work either.

The only unique thing that I can think of is that the php that generates my script for the flash content is in the root, but the gallery.xml is in another.  But again, I've tried all combos of relative and absolute paths, and it only works in every browser besides IE.

Please help... I've spent a considerable amount of time making this work, and am depending it as a key function of the website.

If you visit my homepage at rev(dot)amybsells(dot)com and click on the "Virtual Tour" link in the middle of the page, you'll see the result I describe.

Felix... or anyone else... please help!!!

Thanks!

Re: "gallery not found" IE

The code looks ok and it validates... there is a lot there. Have you tried seeing if your SimpleViewer setup works in ie without Facebox?

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

ya, if you look at it now, i just include the php that generates the script code for the viewer.  The only difference here is that it is not invoked using the Facebox.

And it works great.  I know I'm mixing technologies, but the fact that something can recognize a path in FF/Safari/Chrom and not in IE is odd, and would seem that the fix is simple.  It works great except for not being amy to find the path.

I'm not able to access the php doc, getting this responce "XML-RPC server accepts POST requests only." In some ways it makes sense the it works in some browsers and not in other, IE is not as forgiving of errors as other browsers.

Mike Richards

i'm not sure i see where you are getting that XML_RPC message.

The code i use is rev(dot)amybsells(dot)com/listings/vt.php to generate the javascript that creates the simpleviewer container.  The gallery for a specific property is in rev(dot)amybsells(dot)com/lisitngs/1849Mills/gallery.xml

Again, not sure why simpleviewer (in IE only) can't find the gallery.xml even when i provide the xmlDataPath as an absolute:

fo.addVariable("xmlDataPath", "<?php echo bloginfo('home'); ?>/listings/<?php echo $listingid; ?>/gallery.xml");

When I try to view rev.amybsells.com/listings/vt.php

i get the following:

<html><head>

<script type="text/javascript" src="/listings/swfobject.js"></script><script type="text/javascript">
            <br />
<b>Fatal error</b>&#58;  Call to undefined function  bloginfo&#40;&#41; in <b>/nfs/c01/h09/mnt/32106/domains/rev.amybsells.com/html/listings/vt.php</b> on line <b>7</b><br />
</head><body><div id="vt-flashcontent"></div>

</body></html>

Can you please paste the php code in to this thread? Thanks

Mike Richards

<div id="vt-flashcontent"></div>
        <script type="text/javascript" src="/listings/swfobject.js"></script>
        <script type="text/javascript">
            <?php 
            $home = bloginfo&#40;'home'&#41;;

?>

var fo = new SWFObject&#40;"<?php $home; ?>/listings/viewer.swf", "viewer", "100%", "100%", "8", "#181818"&#41;;

fo.addVariable&#40;"xmlDataPath", "<?php echo bloginfo&#40;'home'&#41;; ?>/listings/<?php echo $listingid; ?>/gallery.xml"&#41;;

fo.write&#40;"vt-flashcontent"&#41;;    
    </script>

Everything looks fine, have you searched to see if Facebox has issues with IE?

Mike Richards

If <?php $home; ?> resolves to a domain name that includes "www", but you don't type "www" into the address bar (and visa versa), the Flash object won't show up. It's best to use a relative reference or use .htaccess or a domain forwarder to redirect to your preferred hostname.