Topic: Works perfect in IE, but not in Firefox or Safari!

Hello
I am having a big problem with simpleviewer not working in firefox or safari on my website.  The error code firefox gives me is the following:

Expected ':' but found 'undefined'. Decleration dropped.

All I get when I try using either firefox or safari is giant X's where the photos should be... everything else loads fine.
Funny because I stripped my html to match the html on airtight's website (http://www.airtightinteractive.com/photos/) and made it identical yet it still gave the same error.  That site works fine on my firefox... however my own site does not!
I just dont know whats going on.

I have just extracted the original files I downloaded from Simpleviewer and ran the buildgallery.php to create my files.  I used all the original files (photos, thumbs), here is the link

** removed since problem is fixed **

(obviously remove and replace the "dots")

as you can see.. it works fine in IE, but firefox just shows X's and gives that error in the error code!

Please help!

Last edited by fernmatias (2009-07-30 19:10:07)

Re: Works perfect in IE, but not in Firefox or Safari!

I guess everyone is as stumped as me... no one seems to want to answer my problem.

I understand if I changed things and was trying to do some funky stuff, that I could easily screw something up, but just taking the original files and running them directly on my site and having them not work in Firefox or Safari right off the bat.... doesnt sound like its my fault.

Is Simpleviewer supposed to work in Firefox?  Or do I need to get the pro?
Would I get more support if I got the pro?
If I do get the pro, what guarantee am I going to get that its going to work in Firefox and Safari, as well as it does in IE?
I was planing on geting the pro when I get things going since this is my business website, but doesnt seem very hopeful at this point in time  sad

Well.. I figured it out myself....
Thanks anyway

Oh, how did you solve it? I have the same problem with Firefox. Nothing works there

I am hopeful that an answer would be posted to this forum. Things work fine in IE8 (which is very surprising), however the same cannot be said for FF3.5. It just says SimpleViewer requires JavaScript and the Flash Player. Get Flash. Although we're running Flash 10. Yes, I have both read the FAQ and added recommended CSS, searched the forum and arrived here.

Briefly, the reason why I have not revealed the URL is because I recently picked up this client from a poor webmaster experience and in the process, the site was hacked and afterward transferred to a new host,  and now G**gle has tagged it as an Attack Site. I have cleaned up everything and am awaiting G**gle response (which could take weeks).

If there's anyone out there that has an answer for the lack of SimpleViewer displaying in FF3.5, please chime in. I am willing to post the URL, but only if asked.

Thanks forum community for your assistance! smile

Chances are you have an error in the HTML page that contains SimpleViewer, so the javascript is not being handled correctly by Firefox. Try checking your HTML code against the example 'index.html' in the download.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Felix wrote:

Chances are you have an error in the HTML page that contains SimpleViewer, so the javascript is not being handled correctly by Firefox. Try checking your HTML code against the example 'index.html' in the download.

Umm.. if you read my statement, I used all the original files from the download directly.
Anyway.. I already resolved this myself a long time ago now since no one wanted to help out.
Cheers

Edit:  Sorry.. I dident even know someone else posted a comment, which is the one you must have replied to.  I never got a email saying there was a new post.  So I just figured you were replying to my old post

Last edited by fernmatias (2009-08-22 00:02:16)

eNubian if you post your url I'll take a look at your code.

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.