Topic: Another SimpleViewer upload to website not working question.

I have successfully used previous versions of SimpleViewer with Mac OSX 10.4. Since I upgraded to Leopard, I can view on my computer, but get the black SimpleViewer screen without images when uploaded to my website. Viewers built with the previous version still work on my website.

I use a PowerPC G5 with the latest version of Leopard, the latest airtight panel thingy and SimpleViewer, Photoshop CS4 and upload with the latest version (5.5.1) of Fetch, my software update is up-to-date and I have cleared Safari cache and refreshed the browser screen. I have also removed previous versions of SimpleViewer. I upload everything built when using the SimpleViewer script.

Any suggestions further than those listed in the FAQ?

www.richardbublitz.com

Re: Another SimpleViewer upload to website not working question.

Your SimpleViewer gallery located at:
http://www.richardbublitz.com/Marquette … index.html
seems to be working fine.  I can view it with no problems on IE8, Firefox 3.5, Safari 4.0.2 and Chrome 2.0.172.28 (with Flash 10.0.22.87 installed).
Have you fixed things since your post or are you still experiencing problems?

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

That's the one made back in November with the previous version - the one i said is working.

Please post a direct link to the gallery that doesn't work.

Steven Speirs

There is now a link on my web page called "Simple Viewer Test" on my web page... http://www.richardbublitz.com/

Thanks

Thanks for the link.
Looks like there's something wrong with your viewer.swf file.  (I tried it in one of my own albums and just got the same black screen you are experiencing.)
There have been reports of Fetch (not sure which versions) breaking swf files during upload.
Try uploading the viewer.swf file using a different FTP program (such as FileZilla) and see how you get on.

Steven Speirs

I tried replacing the "Viewer" file only - that didn't work. Then I deleted and re-uploaded the entire viewer folder - that did work. I used "Transmit.app". Just to be sure, check out the "test" link again.

Thanks

Just checked.  Gallery is working fine now.

Steven Speirs

Thanks... hope this helps others.