Topic: Click on the picture switches to url

Hi
Thanks for this great piece of software.
I'd really love to be able to customize an URL for each picture that would jump to an URL given in the XML.

Simplewiewer can be more than just a picture viewer!

Regards
Michel

Re: Click on the picture switches to url

You can do this with the "caption", by adding a link. See the FAQ

Richard

in order to better assist you, please provide a url, relevant code and details about your problem.
Thanks!

You can do this with the "caption", by adding a link. See the FAQ

Thanks, i am already doing it that way  wink , but it is neither easy to set up, not very natural for the user to notice a small caption beside the main focus.

Hi Rin,
In the pro version you can can the location size etc of the caption.  But Florian has a perfect solution for you . in this recent post

http://www.airtightinteractive.com/foru … .php?t=892

Richard

Richard

in order to better assist you, please provide a url, relevant code and details about your problem.
Thanks!

Hi Rin,
In the pro version you can can the location size etc of the caption.  But Florian has a perfect solution for you . in this recent post

http://www.airtightinteractive.com/foru … .php?t=892

Richard

Unfortunately that is not the perfect solution either, it's just another viewer.

Is it that difficult and unusual to supply an active zone in the middle of the picture that contains a hyperlink to [whatever is defined in gallery.xml]?

I don't mind to pay for it, but would not want to learn to programm (and pay for) Adobe Flash.

Thanks

Just wanted to say the same added functionality would make it perfect for me too.

And again I would be willing to chip in on development costs rather than having to mess around with flash myself.

My only slight modification would be to allow for either a further image enlargement or a link.

Maybe the xml file would allow per image either a enlargement or link data field.

eg. for an extra large image which could be used in a product page for example with the normal simple viewer showing thumbnails and normal view but then clicking on the magnifying glass icon goes to a full sized image. (although again this should allow for an image or a URL allowing us to link to a php/asp page containing the larger image for security purposes etc)
<image>
    <filename>20070102213040.jpg</filename>
                <enlarge>/originalsize/20070102213040.jpg</enlarge>
</image>
or
<image>
                <enlarge>showimage.asp?img=20070102213040.jpg</enlarge>
</image>

eg2. for a link off to other content relating to the image, clicking on a link icon to see the full story behind a photo etc.
<image>
                <link>/story/20070102213040.html</link>
</image>

Fingers crossed,
David