Topic: Rotation of portrait images.

Hi.

Just bought this fine piece of work... Thanks!

So far my only problem is that my portrait images are automatically rotated to landscape when added and uploaded.
Is there any tweak that i've missed..?

Re: Rotation of portrait images.

Could you post a url so we can see exactly what's happening? You'll have to obfuscate it to get around the forum spam filter, like www dot mysite dot com slash mypics.

jack

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thanks for your concern.
Please look at www dot newsletter-mortenballe dot net slash svmanager slash g2

It happens when dragging images to the java applet. When previewing the image there, it's already rotated.

This is a strange one. I can't reproduce this behaviour, even using images downloaded from your site and rotated back to portrait in PhotoShop.

It seems that it's happening on your local computer before the upload. Is there anything unusual about your computer's operating system or the browser you are using? Can you try with a different browser? Can you use somebody else's computer and try from that?

Does it make any difference if you turn the resize facility on the Add images screen on/off?

I don't know if it's relevant but what settings are you using for max resize width and height on the Customize screen?

And – I know it's a silly question but – are you absolutely sure the images are not rotated before you drag them to the applet?

jack

Jack Hardie

Oh my..! How embarassing....

I'm using Googles Picasa for sorting / quick-viewing my pictures.
Rotating an image in Picasa Viewer doesn't mean that the rotation is actually saved with the file.

That is what you get when testing stuff late night.

Sorry, Jack, for any inconvenience.., but thanks for the hint to the solution.

I copied the images to another computer with no Picasa and was aware of my big mistake.

- and you now learned that there is NO silly questions..! Thanks.

No worries. Glad we got to the bottom of it. Funny how often it's the most obvious answer that's the last one to come to mind.

jack

Jack Hardie